BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Italy

Subject: Game groups in Rome? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Hello, I will be spending a semester studying in Rome from mid-January to the end of April. Are there any English-speaking game groups open to attendance by an American kid bad at games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
If nobody shows up, once you are in Rome, try at Strategia & Tattica 2, they have a gaming area inside the shop and, knowing all their client, they can ask around if any group is willing to try an international experience.
At worst, in a week end, we go to visit Andreman, so he learn that you should not give a thumbsup to someone coming so near to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
mdean wrote:
Hello, I will be spending a semester studying in Rome from mid-January to the end of April. Are there any English-speaking game groups open to attendance by an American kid bad at games?

Another advice, have a look at the site YouPlay.It, there are many Romans that play there, experiment the games and then ask in the forum, may be someone will reply to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good place to play and meet gamers is La Civetta, a game club/pub just south of San Giovanni Laterano basilica.

This is the site:
http://www.asscivetta.it/intro.htm
Click on "informazioni" at the top of the menu for map, address, email, phone, opening hours...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Well I have made it successfully to Rome. Amazing city, now I just need to go to La Civetta or Strategia e Tattica and find some games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Maggi
Italy
Rome
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michael, I've just seen your post, I'm in a "multiethnic" group of gamers... kinda! We've got two brothers from Poland, a fella half Italian and the other half partly Brazilian and part "can't remember", occasionally another friend of mine from Albania, and a couple of extra Italian buddies that understand and speak a decent english!

If you want to try gaming with us one of these days, we could try to arrange something either at La Civetta or at Il Paiolo (Via dell'Imbrecciato 127, look for it on Maps and check if it's closer and /or more comfortable for you than La Civetta). If you're interested, feel free to contact me via geekmail.

Hope to hear from you soon, enjoy Rome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdean wrote:
Well I have made it successfully to Rome. Amazing city, now I just need to go to La Civetta or Strategia e Tattica and find some games!

Welcome in Italy Michael, I will pass at Strategia & Tattica 2 on Saturday at about 2 PM. If you can do it for the same time we ca meet Face to Face.
When you are there ask of me to the staff and tell who you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdean wrote:

Ok Michael,
I passed at Strategia & Tattica 2 and saw that they will held the game day of the month on Sunday 17, starting from 15:00 and going on till they are tired.
More will follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Paolo, I will try to be there! Sono studente di architettura, quindi non ho molto tempo libero. (Anche, sono studente di Italiano, quindi mio italiano è inferiore )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdean wrote:
Paolo, I will try to be there! Sono studente di architettura, quindi non ho molto tempo libero. (Anche, sono studente di Italiano, quindi mio italiano è inferiore )

Non c'è problema. Se ti riesce ci vieni, se non ti riesce non ci sarai. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.