United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

The Ventura County Strategy Boardgamers group on meetup, of which I am the organizer, has now added a regular weekly meetup on Wednesday evening at PizzaDans in Ventura (it used to be called Rustys)

Nine showed up for the first meetup last night, less than expected but probably due to the flu that is going around.

Next meetup is next Wednesday the 12th

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb

This is the one on Victoria, near the Victoria pub.

The meetup group has other regular meetups, we just passed our 300th, so there are other choices. We have been trying to get more events north of the Conejo grade on the calendar. The crown in Seths on a Thursday night is a little young (despite the fact that we have all ages on our group)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas M
msg tools
Well this looks intrigueing. My big problem is that I live up in Santa Barbara and getting to Ventura, especially on a work night may be a little tough. There is a group here, SB Wargamming, they're a great group of guys but focused mostly on minis. My little joke is that the SB wargamers don't actually play wargames.

Anyway I am constantly on the lookout to get my GMT games catalog played along with other medium or so games like, Republic of Rome, Rex, Road to Enlightenment etc. So I am interested and close enough to probably make something work with a little bit of effort...

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
We do have wargamers in the group, myself included, so what about weekends for gaming ?, us grogs have to make a special effort.

I also know some lads in Goleta who play wargamers, they go to GMT West and sometimes Strategicon in LA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.