Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When receiving an order in the marketplace, the only way I actually know is by getting an "email", which is great. However, sometimes I do not sign into my email for a day or three, and an order can get lost or cancelled only because I did not see it.

I would suggest two things:

- Have the user ALSO be sent a "geekmail" to inform him/her of the order

- Have the order sit 4 or 5 days (instead of only 3) before automatically cancelling. There are other reasons for this one as well, which include brand new users signing up and ordering (happens a lot actually) then not checking their "geekmail" right away, having to sign up for paypal, etc etc these things take time to play out and 3 days is often not enough.

2. I realize this one might not be a shared idea by all, but many websites will auto-subscribe you to your own threads and/or lists which I find very helpful since if you make enough posts you won't remember to go back and check all the places you were. This has been an issue for years for me on here, and yesterday was the first time I actually thought about and remembered to subscribe to my own thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Under your subscription preferences, you can set it so you're auto-subscribed to your own threads and replies.

http://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions/prefs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Under your subscription preferences, you can set it so you're auto-subscribed to your own threads and replies.

http://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions/prefs

Damn thanks for that! (of course I forgot to subscribe to this thread...)shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also suggested here:

Marketplace Email Notifications? (by Devonelle)
Can we have automatically sent Geekmails for Marketplace notifications please (by paulclarke339)
Marketplace Notices - Why not to geekmail? (by kevintlee)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houserule Jay
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:

I wonder how many times we have to hit them over the head before it sinks in!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.