Claustrophobia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some rule questions! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nuno Costa
Portugal
flag msg tools
Hello everyone.
While playing claustrophobia last night, we came up with some tricky situations we would like to get cleared up.

- while demon player plays "demonic possession" on a humam warrior with a blunderbuss, can this warrior attack the adjecent tile or he must perform his attack at the same tile as it says in the demon card?
- in a tight tunnel tile can the demon player attack with a trog already in there, and if he gets killed get in another trog in and perform another attack at the same round?
- the human card "oil for your lamp" cancels "the calm before the storm", but does this means the demon just rolls 2 dice or both power used are cancelled and the demon still uses 3 dice as normal?
- in the ritual scenario, when a trog enters the pentagram room he takes a seal and is able to perform a roll, then that trog is discarded, but does that mean the demon doesnt have a chance to attack any humans in there (and im not including the redeemer of course)?

In all these situations we favor the demon, for 2 reasons. First cause we know Croc likes demons side more (according with one of his previous post), and second because my gf was playing with demons and i dont want to see her pissed wile playing demon side

Thx in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll handle the questions Arthur didn't answer:

Loht wrote:
- while demon player plays "demonic possession" on a humam warrior with a blunderbuss, can this warrior attack the adjecent tile or he must perform his attack at the same tile as it says in the demon card?

You have to follow what it says on the card and attack a warrior on the same tile. The possessed warrior can still add +1 CBT if he is carrying the blunderbuss, he just can't use it to fire at an adjacent tile in this case.

Loht wrote:
- in the ritual scenario, when a trog enters the pentagram room he takes a seal and is able to perform a roll, then that trog is discarded, but does that mean the demon doesnt have a chance to attack any humans in there (and im not including the redeemer of course)?

A trog that entered is removed, so it can't attack. Demons can't enter the Pentacle Rooom so they can't attack there either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
I'll handle the questions Arthur didn't answer:

Loht wrote:

You have to follow what it says on the card and attack a warrior on the same tile. The possessed warrior can still add +1 CBT if he is carrying the blunderbuss, he just can't use it to fire at an adjacent tile in this case.

Loht wrote:

A trog that entered is removed, so it can't attack. Demons can't enter the Pentacle Rooom so they can't attack there either.

(off-topic) New monk look. I like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Moots
United States
Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agalpin wrote:
I don't have the card handy so I can't answer all of these off the top.

Loht wrote:
- in a tight tunnel tile can the demon player attack with a trog already in there, and if he gets killed get in another trog in and perform another attack at the same round?

Yes, this is one of those instances where moving each figure independently is advantageous.

This would only come up if the first trog were suicidal, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmoots wrote:
This would only come up if the first trog were suicidal, right?

Yes, but it works the same way if the trog starts there, attacks, then moves away before the next trog comes in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loht wrote:
- the human card "oil for your lamp" cancels "the calm before the storm", but does this means the demon just rolls 2 dice or both power used are cancelled and the demon still uses 3 dice as normal?

Hello,
I do not see the answers from Arthur mentioned. Can anyone answer those questions for me please? blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.