Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea if the developers watch this, but the only reason I even knew async was available was because of other complaint threads in this forum.

It shouldn't be that hard to fix, either. If the other players are offline, just have an alert box come up asking "Would you like to save your turn now? Other players will see your move when they are back online." Because it would be really annoying to have that alert box after every move, just have a 2nd alert to ask if us if we want to save that preference for this game.

The rating on Neuroshima Hex is probably lower in the App Store than it would be if they fixed this, because as it exists right now it's REALLY not obvious that async is even an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Łazarecki
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. You mean that there's no indication that your moves will be made visible to other players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend started a game, and we each chose our armies. Then when I checked back, it said "This-Guy is offline." There's nothing about taking my move, nothing about waiting for him to take his move, it just says he's offline. That makes it look like we both have to be online at the same time (synchronous play), when we really wanted to play a turn-based game (asynchronous play).

You CAN do that with the iPhone app, but I only know that because I saw other posts about it in this forum.

There's nothing in the game to guide me toward how to play an asynch game, and I'm saying it would be an easy thing to fix with a simple alert box or two.

Edit: Grammar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Łazarecki
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I understand your point now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.