Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mbmbmbmbmb
From website:
Quote:
Smash Up: Awesome Level 9000

The Smash Up: Awesome Level 9000 expansion features 4 all-new distinct factions that you can mix and match to defeat your opponents. Try them with the Core Set to create exponential new combinations!

Killer Plants – Better deal with these guy fast, leave them alone and they’ll grow all over the place… like weeds! *rimshot*

Ghosts – Unlike just about every card game in history, Ghosts benefit from having less cards in your hand. Can you be immaterial?

Steampunks – Can’t leave a good base alone, the Steampunks will add new abilities to bases to help your strategies.

Bear Cavalry – What’s scary? A bear. What’s really scary? A cossack riding a bear! Bear Cavalry will use fear to drive opposing minions away to other bases.

Combine these groups into teams of two for various effects! Smash Up: Awesome Level 9000 also contains 8 new Base cards to compete over.

Contents:
80 Minion & Action Cards
8 Base cards
12-page Rulebook

Now to see where the preorder line starts...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I can't wait to see pics of these new factions! Any news on when the expansion will actually be released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dubya
United States
Scotia
New York
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I know where you live, and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will CRY when they see what I've done to you.
badge
Oh, not in Utica, no. It's an Albany expression.
mbmbmbmbmb
hpbruin wrote:
I can't wait to see pics of these new factions! Any news on when the expansion will actually be released?

They have pics up on the site and it is listed as March '13.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Well that was easy. Haha. Thanks! I love the art for the ghost girl. Sufficiently creepy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for cowboys and vampires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I threw my money on the computer screen but the expansion didn't come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome indeed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

Any word on Victory point counters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
turtleback wrote:

Any word on Victory point counters?

Seriously. Although I put my own glass beads into the box and they work great, the expansion should absolutely come with official tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only art they don't show is the steampunk and it was what I wanted to see most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh they'll be coming. Gotta have a little bit to keep previews exciting for three months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooh, steampunk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go: Steampunk art from Conceptopolis, the artist for Smash up!

http://www.conceptopolis.com/?p=77
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Dubya wrote:
From website:
Quote:

The Smash Up: Awesome Level 9000 expansion features 4 all-new distinct factions that you can mix and match to defeat your opponents. Try them with the Core Set to create exponential new combinations!

Killer Plants – Better deal with these guy fast, leave them alone and they’ll grow all over the place… like weeds! *rimshot*

Ghosts – Unlike just about every card game in history, Ghosts benefit from having less cards in your hand. Can you be immaterial?

Steampunks – Can’t leave a good base alone, the Steampunks will add new abilities to bases to help your strategies.

Bear Cavalry – What’s scary? A bear. What’s really scary? A cossack riding a bear! Bear Cavalry will use fear to drive opposing minions away to other bases.

Combine these groups into teams of two for various effects! Smash Up: Awesome Level 9000 also contains 8 new Base cards to compete over.

Contents:
80 Minion & Action Cards
8 Base cards
12-page Rulebook

AND.... INSTABUY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve Dubya wrote:
From website:
Quote:

Contents:
80 Minion & Action Cards
8 Base cards
12-page Rulebook

Am I the only one confused by the choices? The original set was all very iconic, well known factions. I mean, who hasn't heard of aliens or dinosaurs or ninjas, etc. For the expansion, ghosts I can see, and maybe steampunk, but killer plants seems a little weird, and what on earth is a bear cavalry? There are so many iconic groups still not used, vampires, werewolves, fantasy monsters (orcs and the like), dragons, insectoids, cowboys, cavemen, etc. I really don't get the choices, but maybe someone can explain them to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plants for Plants vs Zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Relax wrote:
Steve Dubya wrote:
From website:
Quote:

Contents:
80 Minion & Action Cards
8 Base cards
12-page Rulebook

Am I the only one confused by the choices? The original set was all very iconic, well known factions. I mean, who hasn't heard of aliens or dinosaurs or ninjas, etc. For the expansion, ghosts I can see, and maybe steampunk, but killer plants seems a little weird, and what on earth is a bear cavalry? There are so many iconic groups still not used, vampires, werewolves, fantasy monsters (orcs and the like), dragons, insectoids, cowboys, cavemen, etc. I really don't get the choices, but maybe someone can explain them to me.

No Little Shop of Horrors in your film library?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdiel Xordium
msg tools
mbmb
wrote:

Zombies -- not scary. Ghosts -- Not scary. Aliens invading the Earth -- not scary. Dinosaurs with freaking laser beams about to stomp you flat -- not scary.

A guy in a funny hat sitting on a dancing bear -- "move over T-Rex ... 'cause I'm terrifying!"

Here're some other cool faction ideas: professional golfers with the power to shoot lightning bolts; house pets dressed in body armor with the power of cartography; Amoeba with the power to drive semi-tractor trailers -- imagine all the goods that they can deliver to grocery stores!

This game is truly endless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Relax wrote:
Steve Dubya wrote:
From website:
Quote:

Contents:
80 Minion & Action Cards
8 Base cards
12-page Rulebook

Am I the only one confused by the choices? The original set was all very iconic, well known factions. I mean, who hasn't heard of aliens or dinosaurs or ninjas, etc. For the expansion, ghosts I can see, and maybe steampunk, but killer plants seems a little weird, and what on earth is a bear cavalry? There are so many iconic groups still not used, vampires, werewolves, fantasy monsters (orcs and the like), dragons, insectoids, cowboys, cavemen, etc. I really don't get the choices, but maybe someone can explain them to me. :)

Maybe we has a plan...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a dream about bears last night. Thank god they weren't zombie bears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid San Filippo
United States
Naperville
IL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
Maybe we has a plan...

Would you care to share a bit of it? What I see here does not make much logical sense.

I agree with Relax that the choice of factions in the first expansion is not at all what I was expecting. I'll might still buy it as I love the base game but these factions seriously lack the insta-buy coolness of the original set. I can think of at least a dozen insta-buy cool faction ideas I would have preferred over Bear Calvary. What made you choose them for the first expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reidzilla wrote:
AEGTodd wrote:
Maybe we has a plan...

Would you care to share a bit of it? What I see here does not make much logical sense.

I agree with Relax that the choice of factions in the first expansion is not at all what I was expecting. I'll might still buy it as I love the base game but these factions seriously lack the insta-buy coolness of the original set. I can think of at least a dozen insta-buy cool faction ideas I would have preferred over Bear Calvary. What made you choose them for the first expansion?

My guess is that they have a list of more "traditional/popular" factions and a list of more off the wall ones (although I've definitely seen things on the net involving russians riding bears, I forget where, unless that was Risk Legacy).

Why would they put all the traditional/hugely popular ones in the first couple expansions and then fizzle out quicker as the less popular ones are used for entire expansions later?

Makes logical sense (to me) to divvy it up a bit to make sure an expansion pack 1 or 2 years down the road still has a popular faction or two for the pop-culture crowd.

Having said that, I think these 4 factions sound awesome. I'm hoping one of them will make use of the discard in a way to screw up a zombie player but I don't think any of these 4 have that ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the ones they chose for the first expansion will offer new mechanics that they want to introduce sooner than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdiel Xordium
msg tools
mbmb
Okay, so I asked Google about Bear Cavalry and apparently it's a minor internet meme. (Maybe those Cossacks can bring their panda riding Mongol allies to the Smash Up party.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure the fine folks at AEG do have a plan, I just didn't get it, and as I learned long ago I prefer looking stupid but asking the question than looking cool but remaining uninformed.

Thanks for the bear cavalry clarification, I figured it too was simply something I hadn't heard of.

I guess if they are going to go with obscure factions we may one day see a Ceiling Cat faction and maybe a Magical Trevor faction with disappearing cows and baked bean avalanches...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.