Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: 2 questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jay cutler
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
the first about rules: If an opponent can not kill all my population, then the hex is still under my control, in the next round, can I turn my colonial ships to put the cubes in place?

the second about strategy: I always played creating an economic engine pretty good, and only after attack your opponent. Today I played with orion, and I tried to do the opposite, I already attacked in the second round, losing a great battle, and in the end I lost the game. also with orion you should not attack too soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
demonhanz demonhanz
msg tools
mb
1. Yes, you can put population back on the planets since you still have an Influence disk in that sector.

2. I'd say for any race you shouldn't attack when you're not ready. The Orion are probably the best race to choose if you're going to do an early attack, but if you don't have enough ships or properly upgraded ships, you're at risk to lose battles, regardless of who you're playing as.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bodybuilder wrote:
the first about rules: If an opponent can not kill all my population, then the hex is still under my control, in the next round, can I turn my colonial ships to put the cubes in place?
Yes. You can also build Ships and Starbases in that hex (to depend yourself against the enemy ships that are presumably still there).

bodybuilder wrote:
the second about strategy: I always played creating an economic engine pretty good, and only after attack your opponent. Today I played with orion, and I tried to do the opposite, I already attacked in the second round, losing a great battle, and in the end I lost the game. also with orion you should not attack too soon?
One game does not a strategy make. It will depend on what race your opponent is playing, what they spent their first turn doing, the rolls of the dice, and so on. Orion is better equipped to attack than any other race at the start of the game, so yes, I recommend attacking quickly. (By mid-game, your opponents have usually had a chance to catch up to Orion tech-wise.) But understand that you're leaving yourself up to the whims of the dice more than you would with other races.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vilho K
Finland
flag msg tools
1. be sure that you don't put cubes on your hex until NEXT round: you cannot put more cubes during upkeep phase if there are still enemy ships present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.