Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all...sounds like this is an intro version to the LCG. Tempting...I had several other things in my cart that recently went out of stock though... :(

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165434

Game link: Game of Thrones: The Card Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Weird!
Normally Amazon chases other websites' pricing, but here we are with the reverse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kreps
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hawkeyept wrote:
Title says it all...sounds like this is an intro version to the LCG. Tempting...I had several other things in my cart that recently went out of stock though...

Just so you're aware, here's Fantasy Flight's disclaimer regarding this product versus the LCG:
"How does this release relate to the Living Card Game version?
In short, it doesn’t. Cards from this product are not in any way compatible with those of the Living Card Game, nor are they legal for tournament play. This is a simplified, streamlined version of the LCG intended for fans of the HBO series. Visit our description page for more."

It seems this has the flavor of the LCG but if you get it, just be aware it's not an alternate entry point to the LCG.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Atlantix2000 wrote:
It seems this has the flavor of the LCG but if you get it, just be aware it's not an alternate entry point to the LCG.

Andrew

It is, however, a great way to teach someone the mechanics of the LCG at a very cheap price. That's what I'm using mine for. From a (cursory) read of the rules, there aren't really any differences - there are just differences in what they put on the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.