Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Matousek
United States
Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've run into this situation on my first game. I'm hoping I didn't misinterpret the rules.
Here’s the scenario…
1. Tonya enters a building and surprises 3 Zeds
2. She fires her pistol and kills one Zed. A 1-shot marker is placed.
3. Tonya proceeds to melee the remaining Zeds. The rolls are a tie so the chart says to wait until the next activation.
4. One Zed is generated from the shot. Due the proximity of the building to the edge of the board, the Zed is positioned 4 hex’s from the building.
5. On the next turn only the Zeds are activated. The newly generated Zed enters the building with Tonya and the other two Zeds.
- What happens on the next turn when both the Zeds and Tonya are activated?
- Does Tonya have to finish the melee with the first 2 Zeds and deal with the newly created Zed afterwards?
- Does the newly generated Zed join the other two in the melee?

Thanks,
StephenJ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be sure, Tonya can only fire if she wins the Surprise roll.

A melee takes place as directed by the Surprise test. That then ends Tonya's impulse. In the Official FAQ, Melee always ends a survivor's impulse, no matter the outcome. Figure Melee just takes up the rest of their turn.

Yes to zombies generated by the shot. BTW, zombies generated "off board" show up on the board edge in that direction. You can't get rid of zombies by sticking close to the board edge.

The zombie will enter Tonya's hex if she is the closest survivor by movement points. Per the FAQ, zombies have to move around unoccupied terrain hexes, but can enter a multi-hex building that contains a survivor, not just a building hex that contains a survivor. Otherwise, if there is no survivor in the building, zombies must go around.

Zombies will Melee Tonya at the end of their impulse. If the zombies did not activate, they would not Melee.

On Tonya's next impulse, according to the Melee results of the previous turn, Tonya can either move away or fight another Melee round. She may take no other actions BEFORE she moves (except attempt to Fast Move). She can take an action after she moves out of the hex with zombies. Fight or flight. She could even Attempt to Charge back into the zombie hex. I don't know how this works conceptually. Back out of the fight and then go back in?

And, yes, all zombies in Tonya's hex join in the fun (Melee), cause zombies gots to feed. It's a Brains! thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
StephenJ wrote:
- Does Tonya have to finish the melee with the first 2 Zeds and deal with the newly created Zed afterwards?

No, see below. Once the shot generated Zombie joins the others in the structure, all 3 zombies will Melee Tonya at the end of their impulse (see Mark's answer above).

StephenJ wrote:
- Does the newly generated Zed join the other two in the melee?

Yes. Since zombies don't start Melee until the end of their impulse, the new zombie will join the party in the structure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Matousek
United States
Perry Hall
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark and Ryan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.