Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mean the electronic/internet kind of disconnect, though there's plenty of that, too...

On the Goko support page, someone suggested changing their "Goko is games that go anywhere" tagline to say "Goko: Games that go anywhere." (A suggestion I made way back as a beta tester.)

The employee response was this...

"That tag line is actually supposed to be read as two separate statements. Goko is games. That go anywhere."

What the- ??? shake

They find new ways to amaze me over there. Charging actual money now, too, for a service that is still incredibly buggy and frequently crashes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United States
Farmingdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
I don't mean the electronic/internet kind of disconnect, though there's plenty of that, too...

On the Goko support page, someone suggested changing their "Goko is games that go anywhere" tagline to say "Goko: Games that go anywhere." (A suggestion I made way back as a beta tester.)

"That tag line is actually supposed to be read as two separate statements. Goko is games. That go anywhere."

What the- ??? shake

They find new ways to amaze me over there. Charging actual money now, too, for a service that is still incredibly buggy and frequently crashes.

Actually, I cannot tell for sure, is any Goko game officially released, ie out of beta ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably instructive to:

a) do some research on Zynga and
b) notice key Zynga people running Goko.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United States
Farmingdale
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, why is this entry in VGG if it is about a boardgame ? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:

What the- ??? :shake:

Next time I kill a boss in borderlands 2, I'm going to pretend it's a voodoo doll for Goko the company. Friggin' idiots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
teg2 wrote:
Btw, why is this entry in VGG if it is about a boardgame ? whistle

I see what you did there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:

What the- ??? shake

Yeah, we jumped on that pretty hard. She hasn't responded.

I'd say overall. That Tanya and Trisha are probably fairly indicative. Of the kind of people they hire: Just good enough. To fool some people. Occasionally, into thinking. They are good at, their job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkymadigan wrote:
Grudunza wrote:

What the- ??? shake

Yeah, we jumped on that pretty hard. She hasn't responded.

I'd say overall. That Tanya and Trisha are probably fairly indicative. Of the kind of people they hire: Just good enough. To fool some people. Occasionally, into thinking. They are good at, their job.

Ha, nice. The thing is, if I thought she was being facetious at all, I could laugh and say, alright, they have a sense of humor about how dumb that tagline is... But I really do think she was serious about her response, which is just kind of sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Remember way back when, when there was a thing called professionalism?

Dang internet kinda did away with that. I received an email the other day from one of our remote sales agents:

Quote:

I need a power point or some kind of email presentation for folloow up with the clients I am cng. Can you astsist?

I'm sure he probably wrote it from his phone, but that doesn't excuse the 'cng'. It looks like a 12 year old wrote it, but I'm pretty sure we have a strict no-minors policy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trisha Lantznester
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
Not really my favorite tagline, I agree. :-) And I think the one suggested is better. That's probably not my best reply, and I did regret after I sent it that I didn't spend more time researching the tagline. I've never really thought I fooled anyone. My best feature is I care about helping people, and I'm not always perfect at it.

So, anyone who needs help, just let me know. Feel free to let me know when I suck. :-) You can always email me at help@goko.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trisha, I apologize for my previous tone and comments. I have criticisms about the company and the product so far, but if I implied any personal insult, that was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trisha Lantznester
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
Hi Grudunza,

It's really not a problem. I'd be the first to say we've done so many, many things wrong. And, I wish I could apologize for all of them. We're still learning, and I know that we won't be perfect going forward either. The good news is there are many of us who really do care about making a good product, and we are listening. After the survey many things were analyzed about how and what we are doing.

Attention is being paid, and I for one agree with many things on the board. I don't want a Zynga product, and I will cry from the high hills that very thing. Yes, there are some aspects of that in ways things were implemented, and I agree it doesn't make it fun, but I will continue to work on making things fun, and true to the spirit of the game.

My job is to talk to the customers, and right now we're still spending time dealing with more support issues than I would like which is sucking up my time, but I hope that as things get fixed I'll be able to spend more time out here talking on the boards and really helping develop a product based on your feedback. We're never going to please everyone, but I know that I spend much of my time trying to figure out what will make the biggest impact on the happiness of the community and trying to see that it's paid attention to.

In many ways, I've failed at that job, and that's my own shortfall. I don't make any excuses other than I learn from my mistakes and try to do better in the future. I hope that you and others send me emails. I do my best to reply to them as fast as I can, and though I don't know everything nor will I always get everything right, I will tell you that Dominion and future games that we are producing mean much to me personally. Not to many people can say that about their product. It's certainly not perfect, and boy do we have alot to do, but I'm proud of what we've really started to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you have the right attitude. I don't know that I could be a punching bag for a company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.