Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

If player 1 places 1 yellow worker to take an action and player 2 places 2 yellow workers to take the same action, what does player 3 have to do to take that action?

There are 3 yellow workers there so does that mean it cannot be used? Or do you just look at the last workers places (in this case 2) and 3 can be placed?

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
All,

If player 1 places 1 yellow worker to take an action and player 2 places 2 yellow workers to take the same action, what does player 3 have to do to take that action?

There are 3 yellow workers there so does that mean it cannot be used? Or do you just look at the last workers places (in this case 2) and 3 can be placed?

Thx
jonpfl

The latter; 3 can be placed as each tile has a maximum of 6 workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Thx
jonpfl

You need to increase the amount of workers by (at least) 1, so player 3 would need to place 3 yellow workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
So if someone played 3 meeples as player 1, no one else could play there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lengthtoavoid wrote:

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enzo622 wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Thx
jonpfl

All,

Do people group the last set of meeples place (or lay them on their side)? I would imagine it would be easy to make a mistake.

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Larkin
England
Brighton
Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeple limit doesn't apply to bids though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
enzo622 wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
All,

Thx
jonpfl

All,

Do people group the last set of meeples place (or lay them on their side)? I would imagine it would be easy to make a mistake.

Thx
jonpfl

We could, but it in fact is not easy to make a mistake. There is only a relevant ambiguity between the cases where:

(1) A player places 3 meeples to activate a tile.
(2) A player places 1 meeple to activate a tile. Then another player (possibly same person) places 2 meeples to activate the tile again.

Firstly, it's basically always the second case and when it isn't, the entire table remembers the unusual action selection. Secondly, the natural way of placing meeples on a tile makes it visible which it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
All of these exact situations are described on page 5 of the rulebook (text inside the picture of three tiles and asterisk point, second to last paragraph). I am confused why there is confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
lengthtoavoid wrote:

Yes.

Oh, I know. That was a statement, not a question. Not a very good statement, mind you, but an accurate one posing as a question.

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3dicebombers wrote:
All of these exact situations are described on page 5 of the rulebook (text inside the picture of three tiles and asterisk point, second to last paragraph). I am confused why there is confusion.

Well, after I reread the section you pointed out, it makes sense

I am sure all of us have read rules and missed minor details

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Vincent
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
3dicebombers wrote:

Take 764 people (current users owning) and give them a simple instruction, like take a step to the left. At least one will take a step to the right.

Scale that up by the number of instructions in a typical game and you get a lot of rules questions, regardless of how well written the rules document is.

Fortunately, we have a lot of members willing to spend their time clarifying rules and take some of the pressure off the designers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.