Paul Harmon
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
The ultimate in Co-op Gaming.
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be missing something on this one and if so I apologize.

But what reason would someone have to use a ship and pay the fuel cost on Homesteader's union faction board to move a colony up the track when they can just use their ships to do it on the colonist hub?

It seems your paying a fuel to do something you can do essentially for free normally.

Like I said I might have missed something here.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because you can have more than three dice, which is the maximum one can place on the colonist hub.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Harmon
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
The ultimate in Co-op Gaming.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought maybe it was more than that to it. I thought of that but kinda blew it off, seemed like a lot of ships to play on one track. But Thanks if thats all it is I guess I was just looking too deep or making it harder than it had to be.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Freels
Australia
Rooty Hill (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSaint08D wrote:
I thought maybe it was more than that to it. I thought of that but kinda blew it off, seemed like a lot of ships to play on one track. But Thanks if thats all it is I guess I was just looking too deep or making it harder than it had to be.
Thanks

shake I can tell that I am not in a good mood today...

You are missing at least 2 things:

1. The Homesteaders Facility is not for your benefit. It is for Homesteaders to have a 4th Hub docking space to use while everyone else gets 3. This is a big advantage for Homesteaders Union who also only needs 6 moves to land a colony. There have been times, especially when I have had extra fuel with Corex or the Solar Harvester, where I have docked at the Homesteaders facility even when I had normal Hub spaces available. I did this just to deny Homesteaders 1 space next turn (and that 1 space can and does make a difference).

2. In a 5 player game towards the end, all 12 spaces in the Hub can get full as people rush madly to land colonies (it has happened a few times with us). That 13th Homesteader space becomes valuable then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.