United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wedge with R2-D2, Swarm Tactics and Proton Torpedoes
Garven with Proton Torpedoes
Dutch with R5-K6 and Ion Cannon Turret

Focus and Target Locks being passed around.

I haven't had chance to play the game more than three times since it came out so I don't know how effective things are in the current meta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played something very similar. Unfortunately, you really want an extra ship against an onslaught of TIEs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Ellenberger
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
I'd use that last point to throw an R2 astromech onto Garven for some added maneuverability, unless you were using it to grab initiative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried this and it worked brilliantly... until I lost a ship. Then the Imperials carved me up.

If I did it again, I'd be tempted to go for Horton and give him 2 torpedoes. he's lethal with them.

Something like this:

======================
Horton, Wedge & Garven
======================

Lots of passing around...

100 points

Pilots
------

Horton Salm (39)
Upgrades: R2 Astromech (1), Proton Torpedoes (4), Proton Torpedoes (4), Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Wedge Antilles (35)
Upgrades: Proton Torpedoes (4), Expert Handling (2)

Garven Dreis (26)

http://x-wing.voidstate.com/view/4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voidstate wrote:
I tried this and it worked brilliantly... until I lost a ship. Then the Imperials carved me up.

If I did it again, I'd be tempted to go for Horton and give him 2 torpedoes. he's lethal with them.

Something like this:

======================
Horton, Wedge & Garven
======================

Lots of passing around...

100 points

Pilots
------

Horton Salm (39)
Upgrades: R2 Astromech (1), Proton Torpedoes (4), Proton Torpedoes (4), Ion Cannon Turret (5)

Wedge Antilles (35)
Upgrades: Proton Torpedoes (4), Expert Handling (2)

Garven Dreis (26)

http://x-wing.voidstate.com/view/4

Is Garven really that useful without swarm tactics on Wedge? Cuz when Garven uses his focus all other pilots has already fired and then his focus will only be for defence or am i missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enies wrote:
Is Garven really that useful without swarm tactics on Wedge? Cuz when Garven uses his focus all other pilots has already fired and then his focus will only be for defence or am i missing something here?

Oops. Yes, swap Expert Handling for Swarm Tactics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The next time I run ships I'm trying Garvin, Biggs, Dutch+Ion, and a rookie X-wing. Again, lots of passing around, and since Garvin is the highest skill, no need for Swarm tactics. However, since Garvin is the highest skill, half the Imperial fleet may fire on me before I get to shoot, so it will require some very careful maneuvering with Biggs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voidstate wrote:
Enies wrote:

Oops. Yes, swap Expert Handling for Swarm Tactics.

Im think i would remove Wedge proton and maybe give him R2-D2 or another mech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kraft
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Piqsid wrote:
The next time I run ships I'm trying Garvin, Biggs, Dutch+Ion, and a rookie X-wing. Again, lots of passing around, and since Garvin is the highest skill, no need for Swarm tactics. However, since Garvin is the highest skill, half the Imperial fleet may fire on me before I get to shoot, so it will require some very careful maneuvering with Biggs.

But vs a TIE swarm you still get to shot first most of the times?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Enies wrote:
Piqsid wrote:

But vs a TIE swarm you still get to shot first most of the times?

A six TIE swarm with Vader, Howlrunner, and Swarm tactics on both will have 4 ships fire first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.