Subject: New LOTR LCG blog rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Martin
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I just started a blog about LOTR LCG. I'd appreciate it if you gave it a look, first article is up, and I look to write about 2-3 posts a week. If you are interested in submitting any articles for inclusion on the site, send them my way! Thanks

talesfromthecards.wordpress.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe others can join you. I think several people have blogs (richsabre on FFG forum does lore and sets up polls; wojo does his session reports here and on FFG; benhanses, opethwindowpane, et al. on FFG make up cool cards and speculate on future things; I've created spoiler lists; llienmoen (FFG) does lists of heroes and effects, combos; Abelard (FFG) started an 'unsung heroes' series; etc.) it would be nice if everyone collaborated and worked on one site. That being said, I'm not helping or willing to contribute, etc. (well, maybe lists) so I don't really get to speak on the matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Martin
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree, I would love to see a centralized place for LOTR LCG stuff. On my end, I just wanted to set up a place to post some content, and if others would like to join me, I'm more than happy to post their stuff or make them co-contributors. On the other hand, some might be happy posting where they are currently (FFG forums, in this forum, etc.). Either way, it's good to see more and more people writing stuff about the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely, I just wanted to add my point at the end, not seem like a total jerk, so I'm glad you didn't take it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for the lazy.. http://talesfromthecards.wordpress.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Wojcik
Poland
Kraków(Cracow)
Malopolska
flag msg tools
designer
I very much like designing games but I think I prefer to play them.
badge
Metallum ... game I most proud of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven1015, great to see new blog starting up. Blue Fox, thanks for the link! John85, thanks for mentioning my blog.

I myself am still struggling to find the right place to post my stuff although I think BGG blog will be final destination for my session reports and other stuff. Each location has its own merits and drawbacks:

BGG play comments:
+ Nice for session reports with the game.
- No place to discuss.
- Other content that session report seems out of place.

BGG boards
+ Great link with BGG database (content related to the game, APs etc)
+ Lots of traffic
- One thread will get messy soon and multiple thread will not be linked

FFG boards
+ Most dedicated fans are there.
+ Good traffic, good discussions
- One thread will get messy soon and multiple thread will not be linked
- Old content gets lost really fast

BGG blog:
+ Good link with BGG database (content related to the game, APs etc)
+ Posts linked together and ability to comment
+ Decent traffic and user interface
- It is easy get lost in the shuffle.

Own blog
+ Do it as you like, ultimate freedom
- Hard to get traffic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Martin
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's a nice pro/con summary, and pretty much sums it up. I'll keep an eye out for your content, Wojo. If you ever want to put anything up on the Tales from the Cards site, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work and thanks to the link back to CardGameDB Ian.

If any of yall are ever interested in doing strategy article type content I'm always looking to get more Lord of the Rings LCG articles on CardGameDB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Martin
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Someone informed me the link to CardGameDB was broken so I went ahead and fixed that. Two new posts are up, and now people can follow by e-mail if they want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.