Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started becoming a sleever. My problem is that they are too slick for me. 1] Is there a way to make them more "grippy" or 2] Would it make sense for some company to make them so that they don't slide out of your fingers. It might just be me because of my arthritis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny Blount
New Zealand
flag msg tools
out to lunch
badge
same place I eat at
mbmbmbmbmb
Play more.

They will lose their slickness rather quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hinrickson
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Keep buying the Mayday card sleeves and eventually you will come across a defective batch which not very slick at all. I happen to buy a pack that must have been from this defective batch, I didn't like it much though - I like mine slick they shuffle better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What brand sleeves are you using? They vary a lot. Even within the brand, they have 'thick' and 'thin' versions. Generally the thick ones stick more. Also is your problem that when you are done, the cards slip more and you are unhappy? or that the sleeves slip more as you try to sleeve them and it is a chore to catch them?

Another sleever
Laura

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony,

As you play the sleeves develop some texture. They all start out slick but as they wear I think you'll find things improve drastically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lacreighton wrote:
What brand sleeves are you using? They vary a lot. Even within the brand, they have 'thick' and 'thin' versions. Generally the thick ones stick more. Also is your problem that when you are done, the cards slip more and you are unhappy? or that the sleeves slip more as you try to sleeve them and it is a chore to catch them?

Another sleever
Laura
I have used the ultraPro. The cards are slick after you sleeve them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the slickness for quicker, easier shuffling of smaller hands/decks, but they do tend to cause larger stacks/decks to sometimes "slip". As others have said though, it minimizes after a while. I've seen it with FFG and Ultra pro both. I don't sleeve many games, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David P
msg tools
mb
If the cards you are using will fit in Magic: The Gathering (and maybe Yu Gi Oh) sized sleeves then you have a world of options - assuming the backs don't need to be see through. You can get Magic sleeves that have a basic texture, not exactly "grippy" but not near as slippery as "regular" sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultra Pro have several brand types. The cheapest is very slippery after you sleeve them. They are also very, very, irregular -- ie when you want to come sleeve their expansion decks they maybe fit, maybe do not do so.

I very strongly recommend Arcane Tinman sleeves. I so far have been spared arthretic fingers, but play with those as have them. They shuffle like a dream -- and unlike others who get stickier later -- which you might find get stickier than you like in 6 weeks -- they stay in their shuffle-ability,. But the empty sleeves blow across the table like nobody's business if you breathe heavily on them when sleeving. Put something heavy on your stack of sleeves while you do so.

Not sure where you get them in the USA. These are a Danish make - so ubiquitous here. Their own home site is not forthcoming about how to buy them if you are not a dealer.
Grumble grumble, they are cheap and excellent -- they could sell so many more if people could find out how.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
jjloc wrote:
Keep buying the Mayday card sleeves and eventually you will come across a defective batch

Vegas set the over/under on this at 6 packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beverly Senet
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Swan panasia penny sleeves are a bit sticky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.