Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan K
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In our last game of SDE we placed out 3 tiles all in a line and then I (Consul) started placing my spawning points.

When they asked me where they could start we checked the rules... There was no mention of the first tile picked!?

Can the heroes start from ANY tile with an open door or should it be the first tile picked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Alexander
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any tile they want. I believe the start space cannot be within 4 spaces of any hallway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runim wrote:
Any tile they want. I believe the start space cannot be within 4 spaces of any hallway.

The heroes move their starting location marker on up to 4 squares from any hallway that does not have an adjoining dungeon tile.

Very poorly worded statement for such an important rule!!! As the consul I take this to mean that the entry marker should be coming from a tile edge which constitutes the border of the entire dungeon (ie the map edge)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fernando has it right - 4 square of any doorway of any tile on any "edge" of the map.

Doors that back to another tile are not valid.

Doors that back to "nothing" are OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, they are being placed close to an "outside" hallway. Conceptually, they're kicking in the door to this dungeon to come explore smash some monster faces...

The Hero players get to choose the point of entry, as the Consul just arranged the spawning points and treasure chests to their liking. This forces the Consul to take a somewhat more balanced approach to those placements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan K
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks guys!
I'll definitely have to be more conservative next time i play as the consul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

The Hero players get to choose the point of entry, as the Consul just arranged the spawning points and treasure chests to their liking. This forces the Consul to take a somewhat more balanced approach to their placements.

One quick edit on this tho... Consul places the spawn points... Heroes choose entry... and then Consul plays treasure chests.

Gotta make those heroes work for those relics! =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
roboraygun wrote:
One quick edit on this tho... Consul places the spawn points... Heroes choose entry... and then Consul plays treasure chests.

Gotta make those heroes work for those relics! =P

D'oh -- right you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan K
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Does the tile with the Loot-O-Meter and Power Gage block potential entrances?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Vincent Alonzo
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mekkaspark wrote:

I forgot where it was mentioned on the boards but im pretty sure the meter doesnt count. If you want to get technical, its not even part of the map so doesnt exist for purposed of blocking a hallway. It doesnt get placed like the other tiles do, but most people stick it on anyway because it looks kewl that way =).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
mekkaspark wrote:
The Adventure Tracker is not a "Dungeon Tile"; hence it does not play a part in deciding where the heroes shall enter.

Ref:
* P. 5, Game Setup Components
* P. 8, Adventure Tracker
* P. 8, Heroes Enter the Dungeon

Source: Rulebook (2nd print)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.