Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted about my revent game table build I did over in the general gaming forums but I figured I might post the pics here as well since the whole reason I built it was due to the space AH takes and the fact my wife absolutly loves it. So on with the pictures.

First is a setup of the table for AH with all expansion boards. Notes I didn't take out all the chits and expansion cards because quite frankly I am lazy.

Second is the far end where I have all of the misc cards, GOO, and herald sheets along with one of the drop downs out to hold all the misc chits and quick references.

And finally is a picture of the game with the drop downs out in case people want to seperate their personal stash from the general play area.

The table seats 8, all with their own personal drop down desk, and everything is within easy reach. Thought you fellow Lovecraftians would enjoy seeing this and if anyone is interested in building one themselves GM me and I will be glad to share with you everything I learned. This is the first thing I ever built outside of legos and computers so if I can do it anyone can, and I honestly believe everyone can build a game table for the space they are in.

So thank you all for your time and viewing and have a great evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is quite stunning ~ the table I built doesn't have quite the bells-and-whistles yours possesses, but then again, I'm adorning my table with all of our Crafthulhu Card Holders and Component Trays
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is truly a stunning table... But I don't think any table could truly tame Cthulhu...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Joe
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That looks awesome, but I don't think I could ever build it. LEGOS, maybe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Professor wrote:
That is quite stunning ~ the table I built doesn't have quite the bells-and-whistles yours possesses, but then again, I'm adorning my table with all of our Crafthulhu Card Holders and Component Trays

Ok after seeing your pictures I have to ask, where the heck can I get those? My wife would go ape and they are simply stunning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In 8 days, we're launching our redesigned Kickstarter Project. You can hear an interview on the podcast by FullDoomTrack in the next few days and Tom Vasal from The Dice Tower just video taped a review. We're excited about the project and we hope to adorn many game tables with our pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Full Doom Track
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
Awesome looking table!

I think that the Crafthulhu pieces would look amazing on this table too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mltdwn wrote:
The Professor wrote:

Ok after seeing your pictures I have to ask, where the heck can I get those? My wife would go ape and they are simply stunning.

You can buy tables similar to this from Geek Chic. http://www.geekchichq.com/furniture/sultan/

You can see them in action on YouTube if you search for "TableTop"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rianane wrote:
mltdwn wrote:
The Professor wrote:

You can buy tables similar to this from Geek Chic. http://www.geekchichq.com/furniture/sultan/

Um I was talking about the Prof's creations, I was the one that built this table .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FDT,

We plan to adorn many tables with our Crafthulhu pieces!

Cheers,
Joe/the Professor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rianane wrote:
mltdwn wrote:
The Professor wrote:

You know you made a great table if people are comparing it to Geek Chic tables.

So any chance you can post plans or more details how you built it? At least post some more pictures of your great table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Dunn
United States
Tulsa
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
Rianane wrote:
mltdwn wrote:
The Professor wrote:

You know you made a great table if people are comparing it to Geek Chic tables.

So any chance you can post plans or more details how you built it? At least post some more pictures of your great table.

Already on it . Had a lot of requests so I started a blog here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/1982/the-building-of-the-f...

I plan on having up a wood supplies and cut list up today about 4-5ish PM central time, and go over the construction of the support structure for the table top/play area itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.