Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Johnson
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Faction Commanders each have different battle styles and tactics. Post your strategy questions here concerning Commander decks(both playing as and against).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben McGuire
United States
Parsons
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick Question: is the game designed so that the factions can fight within themselves (CIVIL WAR!), or would there be too many balance issues? Because really, who wouldn't want to see The Juggernaut vs The Infinite One?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Johnson
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
raymeus3 wrote:
Quick Question: is the game designed so that the factions can fight within themselves (CIVIL WAR!), or would there be too many balance issues? Because really, who wouldn't want to see The Juggernaut vs The Infinite One?

Yes, civil war (faction vs faction) is permissible and quite reasonably balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a change? I remember somewhere in one of the threads that having alien x alien war might be imbalanced due to one of them needing to attack units and hte other being almost all OPS based.

(Don't get me wrong: i like the idea of being able to have it out with same factions.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pruitt
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
It was something we wanted to avoid but its entirely possible to do. We did some testing after the suggestion and it seems that it can work if a bit hard for some commanders.

Civil Wars are possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben McGuire
United States
Parsons
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
It was something we wanted to avoid but its entirely possible to do. We did some testing after the suggestion and it seems that it can work if a bit hard for some commanders.

Yea, I would think so, because of the shared unit types and some shared strategies between the commanders of the same faction, you'd could have too "even" combat.

I'm looking forward to getting some more cards and commanders to mess around with in February...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Condon
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, Eva? Like... a whole friggin army of a single person?!

"If you can't get something done, you gotta do it yourself!"

(I had to be the first one to say that. )

But the entire idea oozes with flavor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.