Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest you to follow this thread too: Please Help! Five Player Variant needed!.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure there are less cards, so for example, neutral cards could run out rapidly. Maybe adding an extra neutral and mercenary card will be essential.

As for the attack pattern, I am not sure if something like magic the gathering "Emperor" play mode where 2 players are the front line and another player is in the back could work.

Or maybe, you can only attack your left and right neighbor, that would be a nice way to limit attack range. Maybe it also affect spells and actions. Or it is only used for attacking with troops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Önder Kandemir
msg tools
Yesterday we played the Overlord scenario with 5 players. We used 5 proxy cards for the 1-gold cards and we added another mercenary (I) cards and one extra city. The overlord played with Dwarves vs all other races except the Elves. It was very fun to play. In the end The Overlord lost with only one player left with 17 dmg tokens on his homerealm.

We all loved it, and haven't felt any unbalance or whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.