Popular Tags: [View All]
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I was trying this variants and they are really awesome. As a d&d player, I wanted to make it very similar to D&D but without changing the basic game mechanics.

Just try and post results here

Flank: monster or heroes: +1 bonus attack
opportunity attack: do and additional attack. I was thinking about only bosses can do it or it will slow the game a lot. You don't see many monsters leaving the player area so it will happens with player but not so much with monster.

It makes the game more tactical and avoid many hit and run tactics my group was doing lol devil

Try it and post it! what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flank: Omar first it sounds fair, but the heroes move by square and will have the tactical advantage if choice to take advantage of this far more often than monsters.

Attacks if opportunity: an extra attack is too much for this game as the powers are very strong compared to the monster stats. Of you required it to be an at will power only- maybe it would work. But again the monster tactics lack the options to use this well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Neto
Brazil
Rio das Ostras
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about the monsters. As I said, the monsters don't usually go away from heroes. the heroes get the hit and run option more than the monsters do. So monsters will attack more often.
It's good for heroes to use at-will attacks, I liked that.
The flank with WoA is very easy to get surronded by monsters and I aways play in favor of the monsters, I don't think they are really stupid to keep going in a hall full of calltrops. . .
Flank is better for heroes-> ok
Opportunity is better for monsters-> ok
So it's a nice ballance. I will try to post a session with this variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.