Wesley Jones
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
BGG is a bit confusing to me and I don't know where to post my questions or how to do this. I need advice.

Short Version:
I want to give away "Flash Point Fire Rescue" game with no strings attached. I'll even pay shipping (to lower 48 states). Game has been opened but never played.

Long, boring version--if you care:
I recently had a game that went out of print. I read on a thread in BGG of a young girl that really wanted this game. I never played it anymore and thought I would email her and just give it to her. But I got greedy and decided to trade it for a game I really wanted but have never played. I found someone willing to trade who lives on the east coast. I sent him the game right before Hurricane Sandy hit. I got the game he sent me, played it a few times and found it boring. His business building was hit hard by the Hurricane and was closed for some time. The game came back to me with a note "Undeliverable due to Hurricane". Because it wasn't his fault or my fault or anyone's fault, I reluctantly reshipped again at my cost (verifying his business was open again). I could have purchased a brand new game (of the one he sent me) for less than the price I paid to ship my out-of-print game twice.

I paid almost double for a game I didn't even like. I should have just given the game to the girl when I had that impression. Now I want to soothe my conscience and give away a game to someone who might enjoy it. Don't know how to do that though. Any advice other than, "I'll make it easy--just ship it to me!" Ha, ha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. Hold a fun contest. Make people at least put in a little effort: i.e. Please Help Me - You Choose My #2000 Game Purchase - Get a FREE GAME!.

Or, I'll make it easy--just ship it to me!

p.s. I can pretend to be a young girl, if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone loves a quick and easy contest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could add it to:

2012 BGG Supporter Badge Drive / Rummage-O-Rama Give-Away - Free Games (some with Free Worldwide Shipping) - Maybe win a boardgame hotel stay in Greece or a subscription to the English edition of Spielbox?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenna Sunderlin
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could add it to the charity auction CLOSED -- Tim Seitz (out4blood) Memorial Fundraiser Auction -- $8500 raised --Thank you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
meej wrote:

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, hosting a contest/raffle sounds like the way to go. (If I saw it, I'd enter for sure! I love that game!)

If you don't want to start up your own, you could do it here: Supporter Drive Rummage-A-Rama
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.