Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to play this expansion, do you remove a wonder and leader from each age? If so, which ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK for each new civil card (white) you should remove a random card of the same type and age. (An option here: you may remove a card that you don't like instead of randomly selecting one.) In that way the number of cards in each age and their types will not change. (It opens another option: you may reveal the randomly removed card or you may keep it hidden...) Military cards should just be added to the deck.

This is how BoardGaming-Online is implemented.

Yet I have never seen anyone actually doing that in real life. People instead just add the new cards (even when playing with more than one from those small expansions). This is a minor imbalance not disturbing game play - at least in my opinion. While it makes more cards and is much simpler technically (because you just keep all the cards togather without having to take care of sorting the expansions out and so on).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Costas
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adambadura wrote:
AFAIK for each new civil card (white) you should remove a random card of the same type and age. (An option here: you may remove a card that you don't like instead of randomly selecting one.) In that way the number of cards in each age and their types will not change. (It opens another option: you may reveal the randomly removed card or you may keep it hidden...) Military cards should just be added to the deck.

Thanks Adam. I wasn't sure if each card was meant to replace a specific card to maintain game balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adambadura wrote:

Yet I have never seen anyone actually doing that in real life. People instead just add the new cards (even when playing with more than one from those small expansions). This is a minor imbalance not disturbing game play - at least in my opinion. While it makes more cards and is much simpler technically (because you just keep all the cards togather without having to take care of sorting the expansions out and so on).

Adam,

would you play with all the promos cards together (i mean just adding them) => czech + 2 sets of polish + korean + spanish promo cards ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Badura
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
would you play with all the promos cards together (i mean just adding them) => czech + 2 sets of polish + korean + spanish promo cards ?

That seems too much. Likely I would go with the BGO way of removing random cards from entire set (standard + promos) so that numbers match what should be.

But since I only have two Polish promos this is (sadly) a no issue for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fratloev Fratloev
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:

Hi,

We play all of them in a 2 players game, we score : first about 300, second 200.
The first made over 80 points with 2 Age III wonders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.