Subject: Mastermind combat example, done right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
Here is the situation...please let me know if I am doing this correctly.

The mastermind is Red Skull...so far, I have 4 Hydra enemies in my Victory Pile. I defeat Red Skull and draw the Hydra Conspiracy Mastermind tactic. Which reads: "Fight: Draw two cards. Then draw another card for each HYDRA Villain in your Victory Pile."

So, I draw 2 + 4, bringing my hand to 6 cards. Do I use those cards NOW, in this turn...or do they go toward my hand of next turn (which I would assume would be added to my normal hand of 6 cards)?

The reason I ask, is because in the ruluebook, where the discussion is about Masterminds, I read: "A player can choose to fight a Mastermind instead of fighting a villain." (page14, 1st paragraph). I also read later on that same page, "If you create an amazing combo that gives you tons of Power, you can even fight the Mastermind multiple times in one turn."

Does that mean I can fight the Mastermind as many times as my attack power allows, but NOT fight a normal villain/henchman? And this also brings up another question I have...lets say I have attack power of 14. It only takes 7 to defeat Red Skull...do I only use 7 of that 14, and then I can use another 7 to attack him again? And again, what if I had 12 attack power, could I use 7 to defeat Red Skull,then 5 to fight other villains?

Does any of that make sense as to what I am asking...perhaps it doesn't...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mb
Yes, you can choose not fight other villains and go straight for Red Skull. Also, you can attack him as much as you with the power that you have. You just have draw a new tactic each time you attack to see his response of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can use the attack power to fight any combination of villains and the Mastermind you are able to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The above poster is correct. Also in your intial question of defeating red skull and having 4 HYDRA villains, yes you would draw 6 cards now and use them, adding attack/recruit to your available pool and continue to fight/recruit.

One final clarification from your example, if you had 14 attack you could beat red skull (for 7) then fight him again (for 7) and if you beat the drawing version (from first question) and drew 6 cards that gave you an additional 10 power you could fight him again (for 7) then defeat a normal villain/henchman for 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.