UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Can you extend a tunnel from another tunnel and then place a station on it, regardless of whether you can trace it to one of your stations? Essentially, we didn't think about it til later that would could build station outposts near other cities well away from our prospector paths. We wanted to make sure this was legal. So, we could just extend off someone else's track building to make a station directly next to a city and then build a station into that city, which piggybacked on their tunnel laying. Which leads me to...

2. Is there any restriction against building stations in tunnels adjacent to cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty rusty, but here goes:

shadow9d9 wrote:
1. Can you extend a tunnel from another tunnel and then place a station on it, regardless of whether you can trace it to one of your stations? Essentially, we didn't think about it til later that would could build station outposts near other cities well away from our prospector paths. We wanted to make sure this was legal. So, we could just extend off someone else's track building to make a station directly next to a city and then build a station into that city, which piggybacked on their tunnel laying. Which leads me to...

Yes you can. To build in a city, you must trace a path back to a tunnel in the mountain. But to build in the mountain, you can build anywhere (provided it is immediately after you built a first-level tunnel tile).

shadow9d9 wrote:
2. Is there any restriction against building stations in tunnels adjacent to cities?
You cannot build a station adjacent to a city space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chally wrote:

shadow9d9 wrote:

There's nowhere in the english rules that state this restriction... my understanding is that you can build a station adjacent to a city space, provided you just placed a level 1 tile adjacent to any city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sdafilli wrote:
chally wrote:

shadow9d9 wrote:

There's nowhere in the english rules that state this restriction... my understanding is that you can build a station adjacent to a city space, provided you just placed a level 1 tile adjacent to any city.

I'm probably wrong then. As I said, I'm rusty (nearly 1 year since I last played). I may have confused it with something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
chally wrote:
sdafilli wrote:
chally wrote:

shadow9d9 wrote:

I'm probably wrong then. As I said, I'm rusty (nearly 1 year since I last played). I may have confused it with something else.

No veins next to cities!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hanibalicious wrote:
chally wrote:
sdafilli wrote:
chally wrote:

shadow9d9 wrote:

No veins next to cities!

That's it! Thanks, hanibalicious!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.