Subject: Village Card Order and Affliction Order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edwin Karat
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first 4 player game of this today.

Does the first card drawn go closest to or farthest from the discard pile (only matters if you need to reshuffle partway through)? It seems like you could do either, as long as you are consistent, though the one closest to the discard is more likely to die if a monster has that action.

Also, if all the players take an affliction from the same effect (like a monster action), who takes the first one (which only matters if the piles run out)? We played that the person with the heroism marker took it first and then went clockwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I suppose, given that there are cards like Lesser Succubus who interact with the top few cards of the Town deck, that it technically matters even if one is consistent.

For such cases where it matters, cards are laid out starting from next to the draw pile and making their way toward the discard pile. The last card drawn should be the one closest to the discard pile.

Also: Until I make some wonky card that interacts with specific spaces in the Town Area (see: never), it is totally legit to move all your Freezes to one side or the other at the end of the round so you've got an at-a-glance of how frozen your town is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.