Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Shanahan
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the iOS version to see if I'd like this game.

One thing I'm not understanding, and it might just be a matter of my not drawing the right cards yet, but under what circumstances would I be banishing something of my own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Massek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You often want to get rid of your apprentice and militia cards so that your deck is thinner, and you draw your better cards more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get rid of the weak cards (i.e. your Militia and Apprentices) so that your stronger cards come up more often.

In the expansions, there are sometimes cards that give you benefits (such as points) when banished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you manage to completely bainsh the foundation/start cards, then getting rid of certain cards like Arbiter Of The Precipice that require you to Banish cards is good, as at that point, you'd be banshing the good cards. The card itself is worth only 1pt, so no big loss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, cull those puny militiamen! Cull them! As soon as you start buying things, they're be better than the cards you start with. There's next to no reason to banish things that you're bought, but banishing starting cards is next to universally a good idea. If you can do it from your discard pile especially, because then it's not even effecting your ability to do stuff this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It improves your consistency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.