hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Newbie at this series.
Can the MLR be used for this game? "1990 edition"
I heard I need MU, Action & Assult Chits and the like for play of this game.
Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to wait for the updated version of the exclusive rules, which are not available at present, though I think they will show up soon.
Then you also need to download and print the markers that are available in the labataille.us website, at the bottom of the "Rules" page.

Edit: typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you,
"Exclusive Rules", could I use the exclusive rules in either Lutzen vol X, Orthez vol XI or even Moscowa vol XII?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really - Auerstadt has some interesting terrain around the town, and may require some special rules to handle all the small units that the French have and (more importantly) the clumsy command structure of the Prussians.

You could certainly try out the mechanics of the Marie Louise rules with the game to get familiar with how things work, but beware that play balance and command will probably not behave in the same way once the game-specific rules are revised and released.

I've owned Auerstadt for a long time, and I've been looking forward to the updated rules, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you,
like I said, I'm a newbie at this and I want to get the most out of the series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Doherty
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thomas,

Send me an email and I can send you an early draft of the updated rules in a few days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Terry! I'm actually one of the guys who will be playing Auerstadt with Tom next week. I just noticed his post here while trolling around for more info on the Marie Louise rules. I've downloaded the necessary markers from the La Bataille site and am presently reading the ML rules. Very nicely done - congrats. This looks like a great way to get back into this series (which I last played back in the early 90's) and I've since purchased the 2nd edition of Quatre Bras.

So, would it be inadvisable (or impossible for that matter) to play Auerstadt without the Exclusive rules? Should we instead pick another battle to do in the meantime if the Exclusive rules are not ready by Wednesday? Tom does own all of the games, I believe.

In any case, that's very kind of you to offer to send us the Exclusive rules, Terry.
Good gaming, gents!
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you could play Quatre Bras, especially if you own the second edition. It is fully updated to the latest rulesets, and it's a manageable battle. In case, I recommend you to play the scenario with a later starting time, because the main scenario may be a little confusing as the French have no command point available at the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Nicola! The new edition of Quatre Bras does indeed have the updated counters for the ML rules. The fact that it's a one-mapper was the reason I purchased it. Like Auerstadt, it's a fine place to start. Thanks for the scenario suggestion.
Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay Hermann,
Looks loke its Quatre Bras, Should I bring mine or our you looking to punch yours out and play it.

PS I have a fella putting the final touches on all the necessary MU CHITS etc., for all the games. Thanks to COA web site. For future play of the other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Doherty
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play auerstädt with the rules in the box, but they have no command rules. I'll try and get something together tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we know that. Someone had mentioned that the MLR were easier and quicker as far as getting a game going.
You see I'm the newbie and a few of the other players have not played in a while. So we are trying to get a game off the ground and then graduate from there.
I'm in for the long haul. I went looking for a Napoleonic tactical game and I read on CSW forum about these COA/M.E. games and fell hard.
I bought all the latest version vol I-XII, waiting for XIII(Dresden).
I will play them all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Doherty
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. I'm getting the materials together now. These are draft, but are in decent shape. I don't have a prinz wilhelm counter drawn up yet, but you can sub with prinz Henry in the box. Check your email soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, Terry - thanks!
Herm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.