Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

CO₂» Forums » Rules

Subject: What do I do if required to place CEP in a region, but all regions are full? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the FAQ, each region is limited to a number of CEPs equal to the number of plants it can possibly contain. What happens when each region is at its limit and a CEP is supposed to be pulled from the market and placed in a region?

Thanks--had a marvelous time in our first play tonight!

Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you dont put anywhere, i guess. so far it never happen to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see how that is possible. Based on the number of actions per turn, which is determined by the number of players, I don't foresee that ever happening. Even in a game with 3 or 4 players which would generate 12 actions per turn.

But, based on the rules, I would say that it would go to your personal supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Per the FAQ, each region is limited to a number of CEPs equal to the number of plants it can possibly contain. What happens when each region is at its limit and a CEP is supposed to be pulled from the market and placed in a region?

I agree with the others, I just don't see this as possible.

You start the game with six eligible spaces to add CEPs, and each decade you're removing even more, making more space (either by players controlling the region and using them to build plants, or by the automatic building of fossil plants).

You'd have to replace an incredible number of fossil plants for this to happen.

If it did somehow happen, I'd have to disagree with Robert, I don't think it would go to hand. The CEP doesn't belong to you, it belongs to a region. After all, you're forced to put it in a region that somebody else controls, if your regions are full. I'd leave it in the market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
If it did somehow happen, I'd have to disagree with Robert, I don't think it would go to hand. The CEP doesn't belong to you, it belongs to a region. After all, you're forced to put it in a region that somebody else controls, if your regions are full. I'd leave it in the market.

Or remove it to the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
All regions are full, or you just replaced a fossil fuel one and have a reward cep to place and the region is full? Leave it in the market. The regions don't get it. Just spend one before you get the bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh good grief... I see what we missed now: section 1.2, point 3: The player who Controls the Region must pay 1 CEP to the bank from his hand, or from a region he controls (It doesn’t have to be this region!); if no one Controls the Region, the CEP is taken from the region’s pile.... I was so focused on making sure that we paid in a tech cube when/if a 'disaster' occurred that I blew right by the part where the region controller/region must pay in a CEP every time a fossil plant is built. Going from memory, that means we had 8-9 CEPs still in regions that should have been removed to the bank... Thanks for the help, guys. It was right in front of my face!

Best,
Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the rule is easy if you just remember the propose of the CEPs. They are permissions to pollute. So, when a fossil fuel power plant enters in game a Permit must be payed. All payed CEPs go to the bank.

there is a great text here in BGG about the CEPs, liking them with the theme of the game.
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10574026#10574026
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Blake
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But that happened to me. I had to take a CEP to put it to my regions, and I already had all of them. I didn't take any CEP, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Blake wrote:
But that happened to me. I had to take a CEP to put it to my regions, and I already had all of them. I didn't take any CEP, then.

Note that it's not put the CEP "to my regions", it's put the CEP to any region.

It doesn't matter if "yours" are full, if there's any empty space anywhere on the board, you must place it there. Even if it's controlled by your opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.