Roberto Ruiz
United States
Calexico
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FTL 40% Off @ steam

I Don't know if this should be here if not tell me where to move it.
Steam: About the game wrote:
in FTL you experience the atmosphere of running a spaceship trying to save the galaxy. It's a dangerous mission, with every encounter presenting a unique challenge with multiple solutions. What will you do if a heavy missile barrage shuts down your shields? Reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape, power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky, or take the fight to them with a boarding party? This "spaceship simulation roguelike-like" allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.

More info About the game + Trailers/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/212680/

(STEAM CLIENT NEEDED TO PLAY THE GAME)

I have seen many BGG users saying this is a good game I haven't tried it so I can't express my opinion.

EDIT: added link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It reminds me a lot of a solo-player Red November - everything on your ship will continually go wrong and you need to survive long enough to get to the jump point. And then do it again. And again. And again-- and hope you earn enough money from salvaging scrap along the way that you can upgrade your ship enough to survive the final battle.

When you play, you will lose. A lot. Game after game. If you are the kind of person who can't handle losing, this game is not for you.

If you like idea of running a simulation over and over until you get it PERFECT, then this is ideal. I actually think it's quite fun -- but I never survived long enough (yet) to get to the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Den
msg tools
Is it anything like Galaxy Truckers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Doyle
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross platform, DRM free version here. http://www.humblebundle.com/store/product/ftlfasterthanlight

Also get Steam code, and works out a little cheaper, at least for UK users. £3.85 with paypal currency rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Lackey" Portney
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jdjake wrote:
Is it anything like Galaxy Truckers?

It's thematically a bit like the 2nd half of Galaxy Trucker - the flying portion - as you'll face attacks from pirates, land on planets to salvage, encounter Open Space, etc. But you're not building the ship out of parts as in GT. I really think Red November is a more apt comparison (or perhaps Space Alert) as you'll be sending crewmembers to put out fires, repair engines, get secondary systems back online, before the alien scum on the ship attacking you get through your shields and hull.

Also, there is an Open All Airlocks button. Best Button Ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i've been playing this for weeks now. it's very addictive. replay-value is given by unlocking more and more ships to play with (each one with an also unlockable alternate design).

yes, the "flight-part" of galaxy trucker is vaguely similar - you're flying a spaceship and encounter random events.

but in FTL, you'll coordinate every laser and every missile, repair your ships systems while dealing with intruders on board, sit there like a duck because you ran out of fuel, you'll die because you fired your last missile, lost all crew because of suffocation... you can equip your ship with cloaking, drones (attack or defense, you decide), a teleporter to board/kill neutralize the enemy crew (and get a bonus for that!)... aaaaaand you have six alien races, all with unique qualities (except for humans, they're "uninteresting" [sic!] )

it's a blast to play, really. i enjoy every second of it.

edit: typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been very patient waiting for this one to go on sale. Thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny B
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a rouge-like space simulation. So it combines two of my favorite genres. Fantastic game! Highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnymut wrote:
It's a rouge-like space simulation. So it combines two of my favorite genres. Fantastic game! Highly recommended.

I like applying make-up to my astronauts too! Well, not really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.