Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Soon Louis
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never had the 1st edition and have started a game with a friend of mine. I think the reinforcement / blocking rules are way to harsh on the Yanks. Doesn't make sense to me that a German unit blocking the "A" entry hex by Bech would impact Yank units arriving in entry hex "C" by Beckerich. I know you can negate the block by stacking 6 defense factors in the blocking position but I am hoping that this rule is not a "game breaker" like it was for us when we played Wacht am Rhein years ago and its reinforcement entry rules.

Now a question. Rule 19.3 reads:
"EZOCs: Generally do not stop advances, but no unit may advance after combat from one EZOC directly into another EZOC except when entering the first hex of its advance."

However the text in the example at the bottom of the page reads:

"because it may not advance from on EZOC directly into another EZOC of the same enemy unit, except in the first hex of an Advance."

The rule as written makes not mention of same enemy unit whereas the example text does.

Which is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Budden
Australia
Mayfield West
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't necessarily think one needs to be correct and the other wrong.

The rule is just more stricter, in the fact the you can't enter any eZOC. The rule takes into account the example given but also has a wider scope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I never had the 1st edition and have started a game with a friend of mine. I think the reinforcement / blocking rules are way to harsh on the Yanks. Doesn't make sense to me that a German unit blocking the "A" entry hex by Bech would impact Yank units arriving in entry hex "C" by Beckerich.

I played the first edition of this game many times. The reinforcement/blocking rules keep the Americans from abandoning the approaches to Luxembourg City, at least when applied to the south edge of the map (and those are the most vulnerable entry hexes). Bradley was concerned about that happening. In general I didn't find it too harsh on the Americans as they'll eventually build the forces there to push their way on the map, and the German Seventh Army will eventually get spread out and vulnerable as they try to protect the left flank of the advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Larsen
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata page on consimworld addresses the advance issue. Basically updated 2nd edition rules to match the 1st edition regarding EZOC and same enemy unit.

on this page http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6f572

errata and other files at the top
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soon Louis
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone for their replies. Would you able to provide me with the link to the specific discussion or errata at Consimworld. I had a look but wasn't sure where to look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.