Jesse K
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Find Trades custom search is great, but I would love it if I could see all people who want one of my "For Trade" games, not just those people who also have a game for trade that's in my "Want in Trade" list. With this search option, I could look through these people's "For Trade" list, and see if these people have any games I might like, but haven't put on my "Want in Trade" list yet.

I think this would lead to much greater set of possible trades, particularly for people like me who are open to trading for a broad range of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Lallatin
United States
John Day
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On each individual game page, down in the 'statistics' section, there is a link to 'users wanting'. Clicking on that lists all users that either want to buy or want in trade. Would that work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse K
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestion Rich. I have looked at using the "Users Wanting" link in the stats section, but it has a couple of limitations.

Most importantly, the "Users Wanting" link doesn't allow me to use the other filters available in the Find Trades custom search. For example, I live in Australia, and it's not viable to trade with overseas boardgamers due to prohibitive postage costs. For this reason, I always use the Find Trades custom search so that only Australia (and New Zealand) boardgamers are shown. Without this ability to filter, it is a bit onerous looking through 100 boardgamers in the "Users Wanting" to find the 2 or 3 Australians.

The obvious secondary limitation of using the "Users Wanting" list is that you have to search one game at a time, whereas the Find Trades custom search allows you to search across your entire "For Trade" list, all at once, thus saving a lot of time. In this way, the Find Trades custom search also allows you to identify where another boardgamer wants more than one of your boardgamers. This would be very difficult to determine using the "Users Wanting" list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with this feature request - I have a number of games that I just want to clear out of my collection, and I'd love to 'shop around' other geeks who are looking for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beri wrote:
I agree with this feature request - I have a number of games that I just want to clear out of my collection, and I'd love to 'shop around' other geeks who are looking for them.

Agreed. It'd be very helpful...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.