Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

XCOM: Enemy Unknown» Forums » General

Subject: Difficulty Normal mode with iron man or Classic with saves allowed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Which do you think is more of a challenge?
Normal mode with Ironman
Classic with saves/reloads allowed
Or Man up do classic on Ironman
      11 answers
Poll created by Milarky

I can get to the bit with the berserker mutons on classic mode ironman, but wipe very soon after it.

it seem you can lose about 2 mission before it goes FuBar,
I've read every tip

so I'm considering downgrading to classic with saves
or normal iron man..

or should I stick with it.. Im getting further in Ironman classic each time I play but redoing all the pre laser tech missions is getting to me..
i was close last time till I misplaced a rocket in a critical terror mission
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I started on classic/ironman but since the game has so many interface flaws my people tend to die because of miss-clicks or other glitches. Stopped playing then. Don't miss it as it is not a good game after all.

Otherwise classic/ironman is the way to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Tortorice
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wish there was a "none of the above" option in your poll because I find the difficulty levels on the nex XCOM to be all screwed up. Really, it has one of the worst difficult curves I have ever seen in a game! Normal is so darn easy that it puts me to sleep, and Classic is so darn hard that, as you pointed out, if you screw up just two missions, it becomes impossible to win.

I really wish Firaxis would release a difficulty fix patch because as it is now, I find the game almost unplayable. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must suck, because I don't find "Normal" all that easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This probably a jinx but im on a killer run on classic ironman some hairy momments but geeting zen like zone. . Oh im using slingshot they where greatmissions

update gah.. a bad mission to far.. back to the start
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.