Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Cox
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi - very interested in this game, looks fascinating! I am surprised to see no-one's reviewed it yet, particularly in comparison with the original Antike... Does anyone have any strong feelings about it, as a "civ-lite"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico
Italy
Val di Non
Trentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest you to look at the comments section. Remember to read both the pages to see both positive and negative comments.

Edit: there are interesting comments even by people who haven't rated it, see for example Soledade's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cox
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great - thanks! Somehow I'd never noticed the comments section on BGG - always an opportunity to learn something new!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Goodrich
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Why can't more games have a handicapping mechanism?
badge
Becoming immortal!
mbmbmbmbmb
magdalencox wrote:
Hi - very interested in this game, looks fascinating! I am surprised to see no-one's reviewed it yet, particularly in comparison with the original Antike... Does anyone have any strong feelings about it, as a "civ-lite"?

I don't find either version that "Civ-like" (lite or otherwise) so I don't know as it'd satisfy your itch. You do build some cities and fight battles, but the combat is simple 1:1 removal and the "tech tree" is more like a patch of grass (there are exactly 5 techs/improvements for your civ).

I happen to dislike Antike quite a bit as a 4/5 player game, but Antike Duellum is really great. Everything seems much better balanced with just 2 - the personages in particular feel more viable across the span of the playing time. I've played 2 games on Yucata.de while I've been waiting for my physical copy to arrive, and both games have been close and won using different strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.