George Ramos
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Sing, o muse, of the wrath of Achilles...
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this little photo essay last night on the 2012 Secret Santa "Look what I got..." thread. You can find the original here. My wife complained that no one would see it there, so I'm sharing it here, with you, to hopefully get a smile or two.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Santa's elves brought a rather heavy box to me last week. It was an adventure to get it, however. See, where I live in Montreal, packages are left in a mailbox. The mailman leaves you the key for the package box in your mailbox. The idea is you just take that key and open the package compartment to get the box.

Allow my little helper to illustrate.

I explained that Santa Claus sends presents to deserving moms and dads all over the world. This one was for me! Hurray! But uh-oh...

Well, it turns out the box fit in the compartment only when the WHOLE mailbox is opened. When the mailman closed the big mailbox, I was unable to get the package out because it didn't fit through the compartment door that I had a key to!

Dear old dad grabs his pen knife and proceeds to carve the package like a turkey mummified in packing tape. It was hard work. Dear old Dad is started to get frustrated. Yes, pieces of cardboard and tape start flying onto the sidewalk. Daddy is saying horrible things under his breath.

After the gift-wrapped boxes (there are two! Oh, joy!) are carefully extracted from the shattered carcass of the packaging, daddy rips out the cardboard and begins stomping on it in full view of the public.

Satisfied the cardboard beast is dead, it's entrails scattered to the wind, it's liver eaten, it's time to go home and celebrate the Christmas spirit.

We go home and place the two boxes under the Christmas tree. A few days later, I cave to peer pressure from BGG members pressuring me to open the gifts. I open the small present! What's this? Something I've never heard of? Can it be?! I am excited to announce I now own:

Mystery Rummy: Jack the Ripper

I've never played Rummy, nor any themed version of a "regular" card game. With great components, lots of theme, and a game that plays great with 2, I can't wait to get it on the table. My wife even offered to play it with me!

Just a few more weeks before I open the Big Box....but what could it be?

And that's the end of the story for now. I hope it brought a chuckle! Happy Holidays, everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

Also thumbsupthumbsup on the Mini.

I drive a Hyper-blue 2006 S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.