Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Linsey
United States
Hudson
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is too brief to be a full-fledged review, but here's what I REALLY like about this game. More than almost any other (except for negotiation games like Diplomacy), in this game you have to help others in order to do well yourself. Deciding who to help, and setting yourself up to be helped, is a large part of the strategy. It might even be that your best move helps an opponent more than yourself.

The game does need more player aids than it comes with. I've put a little label on each district and keyed them to the extra action reference sheet (which I've made copies of) so that we can glance at the board and say, "oh, that's purple action #3" (for instance).

I suppose it helps that I've won all four games of this that I've played, but this game has really clicked with me and I look forward to playing it more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not agree more on all points.

This is an exceptional game that flew under too many peoples' radars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce Linsey wrote:
More than almost any other (except for negotiation games like Diplomacy), in this game you have to help others in order to do well yourself. Deciding who to help, and setting yourself up to be helped, is a large part of the strategy. It might even be that your best move helps an opponent more than yourself.

You would probably also like CO₂, it has this same kind of feel. Power projects don't belong to anyone, so you propose a new project so that Joe will flip it, and Bob will build it, allowing you to benefit from moving your scientist. Leeching off of others' moves or setting them up is what wins you the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree Bruce!

On all points, but especially with this game really needing a reference/cheat sheet.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Holl

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmb
It would be sooo nice to get this game some attention. I absolutely love the need to help others in order to do well yourself. No other game in my collection where this is such a core element.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.