Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Johns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that

'You cannot transfer a card to a Building on the same turn you launched its construction.'

I am assuming this applies even if you have Construction Activities but wanted to confirm because I know other members of my game group will argue the rule with me

So, if I play a Construction Order to start a new building can I use a Construction activity to transfer a resource from my stock to under that building or can I only use the construction activity to transfer a resource to a building I started on a previous turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the actual point of that rule is to restrict exactly that. So yes: you are correct, in my opinion.
We always play that way and constructon is still considered one of the strongest activities in our group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edensong wrote:
So, if I play a Construction Order to start a new building can I use a Construction activity to transfer a resource from my stock to under that building or can I only use the construction activity to transfer a resource to a building I started on a previous turn?
You can use the Construction order and the matching activities to :
> start one or several new buildings
> build (transfer resources to them) one or several buildings you started in an previous turn
> start one or several new buildings and build one or serveral buildings you started in an previous turn.

What you cannot do is start a new buildings and build it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I had totally missed that in my plays. In my opinion it just slows the game down unnecessarily, and creates one more exception that you have to explain to new players. I think I'll continue ignoring that rule. One of the cool things about the game is how fast you start to build steam as you go. Why slow it for the sake of slowing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattintheweb wrote:
edensong wrote:
You can use the Construction order and the matching activities to :
> start one or several new buildings
> build (transfer resources to them) one or several buildings you started in an previous turn
> start one or several new buildings and build one or serveral buildings you started in an previous turn.

What you cannot do is start a new buildings and build it.

just to clarify, a single Construction activity, allows you to transfer as many resources to as many building as you like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook:
Construction: "Transfer one Resource from your Stock to one of your Buildings under Construction". Just the one, for the Order. Plus one for each Construction Activity. So if you have played a Construction order, and have two construction activities, you can:
(i) start 3 new buildings;
(ii) transfer 3 cards from stock to buildings under construction;
(iii) any combination of (i) and (ii) above to a total of 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes thanks Richard, my mistake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
From the rulebook:
Construction: "Transfer one Resource from your Stock to one of your Buildings under Construction". Just the one, for the Order. Plus one for each Construction Activity. So if you have played a Construction order, and have two construction activities, you can:
(i) start 3 new buildings;
(ii) transfer 3 cards from stock to buildings under construction;
(iii) any combination of (i) and (ii) above to a total of 3.

i would further describe (ii) as "transfer 3 cards from stock to buildings which were already under construction at the beginning of the turn."

(agreed?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.