Subject: hero upgrades- 2 of same card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Jones
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you draw a duplicate upgrade you then get th eboost token for free on the first upgrade card? then what happens to the second/duplicate upgrade card- the rules dont say to discard it or how to use both cards to get twice the power? so I'm left wondering....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
crichtonfarscape wrote:
So if you draw a duplicate upgrade you then get th eboost token for free on the first upgrade card? then what happens to the second/duplicate upgrade card- the rules dont say to discard it or how to use both cards to get twice the power? so I'm left wondering....

Luck of the draw...in this case its BAD Luck of the draw! I would assume you wouldn't double the power you just had some bad luck and wont be able to get a benefit. Next time shuffle better or to be safe take a ability from a separate ability type pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Briskang
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I initially assumed you would re-draw a new ability, but I think you're right -- the upgrade is just wasted.

Especially since the boost costs fewer experience points than a new ability, the game is intentionally hampering your upgrade.

However, there are only two of each upgrade, so this would only happen if you already boosted your upgrade or if you're using a hero with a built-in upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.