Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Image [+] to [+] addition [+] list. [+] [View All]
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping to share my storage solutions for both counters and maps for ASL as I think they are a rather good. However, I've just tried to upload photos of them to BGG and they all get rejected for being '100% similar!

It's odd and a shame as there are no photos akin to them. I really wanted to share the photos as just last week I came across a storage box that enables me to store the maps unfolded. It's a 22 litre capacity long narrow box made by the Really Useful Box company (we have these in the UK, not sure if they are available abroad) and it was in an office stationary shop (I know, how rock and roll is my life) marketing it as a wrapping paper storage box.

The great thing is the maps fit in them with a few milimetres to spare width ways and about 8cms length ways. The depth of the box would take over 100 maps. It's damn near perfect if you want to store you maps without folding them.

Simlarly, they make a 10 litre capacity box that is wide and long enough to take GMT storage trays two side by side and five deep, for a total of 10 trays. There is little room either side of the trays and they fit to the top so the lid of the box holds them gently in place. These boxes are an excellent option and even have hexes moulded into the base, it's almost like an ASLer designed them.

But I can't show you this which would be a lot easier than me blathering on trying to describe it all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
If you just want to demonstrate them in a thread, you can upload them to your personal gallery (Biosphere's personal gallery) then post them in your thread. Took me a while to discover this, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
How many of them have you tried to upload?

Some mods (including me) decline the whole bunch if somebody uploads many images showing the same thing (just from twentyfour different angles). If you did this, I'd suggest you select the best image and upload it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be interested in seeing them - just getting back into ASL in a big way and all my stuff is still scattered across the original AH module boxes.

Why not upload the photos to your own gallery here on BGG and then paste/link them in to this thread. You don't get any Geekgold for posting the pics that way but we still get to see them.

(beaten to it in the ether)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
Would be interested in seeing them - just getting back into ASL in a big way and all my stuff is still scattered across the original AH module boxes.

My way for 5/8" counters:

1/2" counters I store in Darice (brand) compartmented plastic boxes. I mix 2 nationalities in each box to save space; it is very easy to differentiate between two 1st Line half sqauds that are different colors if they are in the same bin. Much easier than differentiating between and MMG and an HMG of the same color in the same bin if for example you choose to store all you MGs of a given nationality in one bin.

I can do the whole set in 6 boxes.

Here is an example - this is ASLSK 1 stored in a single standard GMT tray - with types of units separated and nationalities mixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
How many of them have you tried to upload?

Some mods (including me) decline the whole bunch if somebody uploads many images showing the same thing (just from twentyfour different angles). If you did this, I'd suggest you select the best image and upload it again.

that might be the reason, there were four of each of the two boxes. I'll try uploading them to my personal gallery...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Biosphere wrote:
It's a 22 litre capacity long narrow box made by the Really Useful Box company (we have these in the UK, not sure if they are available abroad)

They can sometimes be found in Staples or Office Depot in the States, I've bought many 4L and 9L boxes for holding magazine games and the like. They also make small boxes that are excellent for unsleeved cards.

My ASL counters are in small boxes that fit file-like in the 9L Really Useful boxes. Those big boxes stack and close pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
If you just want to demonstrate them in a thread, you can upload them to your personal gallery (Biosphere's personal gallery) then post them in your thread. Took me a while to discover this, too.

Thanks Jonathan, I was able to upload them to my personal gallery very quickly. How do I then post them in a thread?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
When you click on one of the pictures in your gallery, you should be taken to its individual picture page. In the URL, you'll see its numeric identifier.

Insert it like this: [imageid=1013078]

You can add tags such as small, medium, large, and original before the closing bracket:

[imageid=1486956small]

[imageid=1486956medium]

[imageid=1486956large]

[imageid=1486956original]

as well as inline, among others:

[imageid=1486956smallinline][imageid=1497269smallinline]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:

You can add tags such as small, medium, large, and original before the closing bracket:

Thanks - I didn't know about the inline feature.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fubar awol wrote:
HuginnGreiling wrote:

Thanks - I didn't know about the inline feature.

You can learn a lot of BGG editing tricks reading this geeklist:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/34918/tricks-of-the-geek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
mb
[floatleft][imageid=1013078small][/floatleft]

[floatright][imageid=1013078small][/floatright]

[center][imageid=1013078small][/center]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Osborne
England
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fubar awol wrote:
it is very easy to differentiate between two 1st Line half sqauds that are different colors if they are in the same bin

I just want to thank you for pointing out the blindingly obvious. I have been pondering a sane way to sort my SK counters for days.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paosborne wrote:
fubar awol wrote:
it is very easy to differentiate between two 1st Line half sqauds that are different colors if they are in the same bin

I just want to thank you for pointing out the blindingly obvious. I have been pondering a sane way to sort my SK counters for days.

Thanks

My work is done here. I can move on to the next village.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Borrows
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
[floatleft][imageid=1013078small][/floatleft]

[floatright][imageid=1013078small][/floatright]

[center][imageid=1013078small][/center]

A huge thanks Jonathan, that is such an great solution to posting the images, I never would have known how to do that.

Ian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.