Next War: Korea» Forums » Rules

Subject: Destroying Busan question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSR 2.5.2 provides for Strike aircraft penalties when a line of hexes can't be traced from a fully functioning port in Busan to a city or Urban hex in ROK.

Does this men that if I strike or otherwise render the Busan port other-than-fully functional (Strike1 or worse) this penalty takes effect?

If so, we figured it would probably not happen on GT1 since it's an ammo resupply penalty.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
boyinblue1 wrote:
GSR 2.5.2 provides for Strike aircraft penalties when a line of hexes can't be traced from a fully functioning port in Busan to a city or Urban hex in ROK.

Does this men that if I strike or otherwise render the Busan port other-than-fully functional (Strike1 or worse) this penalty takes effect?

If so, we figured it would probably not happen on GT1 since it's an ammo resupply penalty.

Dave

The effect is intended to be immediate (it's a 3-day turn), so half of the affected aircraft are immediately moved to the Flown box and/or Rebased to Japan to simulate that the flow of ammunition is now restricted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Billaud
France
La roche sur yon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Busan is the high priority target every turn.

I missed the target 2 times. The ally planes will all be ready for the next turn.

The sky will become darker...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
boyinblue1 wrote:

Dave

The effect is intended to be immediate (it's a 3-day turn), so half of the affected aircraft are immediately moved to the Flown box and/or Rebased to Japan to simulate that the flow of ammunition is now restricted.

Okay, so if we're playing Strategic Surprise, the USROK player has to choose half of each aircraft type and place them in the Flown box prior to play per the scenario. Does this only apply to the ROK Air Force like in Tactical Surprise?

DPRK then destroys Busan's port with a Scud attack.

The USROK player must now move half of the US Strike-capable units to the ROK Flown Box or immediately rebase them to Japan. The US cannot return more than half of its Strike-capable aircraft to the ROK until the Busan port is repaired back to non-Strike status.

Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solea wrote:

I missed the target 2 times. The ally planes will all be ready for the next turn.

Previously, I would just blast off all of my Scuds in a wave of death, but now I might pace myself a bit more. It makes more sense to reserve 7-8 of them to launch 2 per turn at Busan's port.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
boyinblue1 wrote:

Okay, so if we're playing Strategic Surprise, the USROK player has to choose half of each aircraft type and place them in the Flown box prior to play per the scenario. Does this only apply to the ROK Air Force like in Tactical Surprise?

Yes, only to ROK aircraft in this scenario.

Quote:

DPRK then destroys Busan's port with a Scud attack.

Lucky them :-). (You may want to play with the Alternate port damage rules.)

Quote:

The USROK player must now move half of the US Strike-capable units to the ROK Flown Box or immediately rebase them to Japan. The US cannot return more than half of its Strike-capable aircraft to the ROK until the Busan port is repaired back to non-Strike status.

Correct?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
boyinblue1 wrote:
solea wrote:

Previously, I would just blast off all of my Scuds in a wave of death, but now I might pace myself a bit more. It makes more sense to reserve 7-8 of them to launch 2 per turn at Busan's port.

Dave

heh, and give those UN aircraft some SCUD busting missions to fly :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
boyinblue1 wrote:
solea wrote:

Dave

heh, and give those UN aircraft some SCUD busting missions to fly :-)

Hell, Mitchell, they have to strike something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Correct?

Quote:

Yes.

Is it safe to assume that the Navy aircraft are exempted from this rebasing requirement?

In other words, the US cannot have more Strike capable aircraft based in the ROK than they have based in Japan if Busan is compromised?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
boyinblue1 wrote:
Quote:

Correct?

Quote:

Yes.

Is it safe to assume that the Navy aircraft are exempted from this rebasing requirement?

It only applies to air units based in the ROK.

Quote:

In other words, the US cannot have more Strike capable aircraft based in the ROK than they have based in Japan if Busan is compromised?

Basically, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camillvs Nowak
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
I would simply nuke Busan and wouldn't bother so much ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.