Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Case
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my very first game of X-Wing last night, and we mostly figured everything out (although I was doing some stuff wildly wrong, according to the video tutorials), but one thing I'm not quite sure of.

Okay, so if I earn a evade or focus token, they go away at the end of the round, right? (We were playing so that you could have a stockpile of them) I'm assuming that since you need two of them to be able to re-roll the dice, Targeting Locks do not go away at the end of the round.

Assuming that's the case - can you use more than one targeting lock per round to re-roll again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Yep, evade and focus tokens go away at the end of the round.

Not sure what you mean by needing two target locks to reroll the dice. They don't go away at the end of the round, but you only need one. Yes, there are two on the board (one on the target, one on the target-locking ship), but that's only one target lock.

You can use more than one target lock/round, but (with a special exception) each pilot can only have one target lock at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Evade and Focus tokens are removed the moment you use them. If you end up not using them they go away at the end of the round.

When you perform a Target Lock action, you place a blue token on your ship and a corresponding red token on the target ship. These tokens won't go away if you don't use them, and you can only ever have a single blue lock token on your ship. If you want to target another ship, you lose your original lock. You can only use your lock once, either to reroll some attack dice or to use a secondary weapon that requires it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Case
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? I was reading the rule that the pilot had to have two locks on the opponent ship (chit A and B, we'll call them - so there's be four chits in play, two on each ship) before being able to reroll.

Okay, that makes sense now. God I'm such a moron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weiss
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Targeting locks do not go away at the end of the round. Evades and Focuses do.

You can only have 1 target lock, unless you have some sort of special ability allowing more than 1 (don't recall anything in wave 1 that allows that).

You only need 1 target lock to reroll attacks against that target. I'm assuming your comment about needing two is in reference to torpedoes/missles. You spend the target lock to fire the weapon, then yes, you don't have a target lock to reroll. There is no way to reroll on missle/torpedo attacks unless you have a seperate ability to reroll.

You can use target locks on regular primary attacks though, not just on missles. So if you target lock a ship, and don't use it that round, you could focus the next round and use both the target lock and focus with your primary attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, see page 13 of the manual

End Phase:
"During this phase, players remove all evade
and focus tokens assigned to ships and return
them to the action token supply. Target lock tokens
and stress tokens remain in play until certain
conditions are met (see pages 11 and 16)."

For re-rolling see page 12 in the Modifying dice results box:

"Important: When a die is changed
or rerolled, ignore its original result
and apply only the new result. This
new result may be modified by other
effects; however, a die that has
already been rerolled cannot be
rerolled again during this attack."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.