Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that in order to initially build a station in a city you need an uniterrupted path to another of your stations in the mountains.

After dynamites exploding, a few situations resulted which raised some questions:

1. If you end up with an uninterrupted path through the mountains between 2 of your stations, both in different city spaces, but NOT connected to a station actually in the mountain, do these cities score during the city scoring phase?

2. Following from part 1 above, if you were to extend a path from a station already in a city that has no uninterrupted connection to a station in the mountains, can you extend that path into a different city and build a station in that second city space? (ie the connection between the 2 stations is between the 2 cities but not with a station in the mountains)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
sdafilli wrote:
1. If you end up with an uninterrupted path through the mountains between 2 of your stations, both in different city spaces, but NOT connected to a station actually in the mountain, do these cities score during the city scoring phase?

No, they do not. The rules require a connection between a city station and a mine station for the city space to count as 'occupied' and thus be eligible for points. No mine station = no connection = city space is not occupied / empty even though there is a cube on that hex.

Quote:
2. Following from part 1 above, if you were to extend a path from a station already in a city that has no uninterrupted connection to a station in the mountains, can you extend that path into a different city and build a station in that second city space? (ie the connection between the 2 stations is between the 2 cities but not with a station in the mountains)

No, you cannot. Placing a station in a city space requires a connection to a mine station. No mine station = no connection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.