United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tree Mail! Announcing the second season of Survivor: Werewolf Island. Due to time constraints, Octavian is not able to assist with this, and I will try to adjudicate it alone.

We have room for 21 participants, which we will divide into three tribes. If you liked Survivor 1, I am working to make this season even better. I pretty much have all of the major challenges decided on. But if you want an idea of what the last Survivor was like, please see this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/82447 Hopefully, that will give you some idea of what to expect. Only, expect things more easy and horrible than before.

The pace of the game will be a little different than what you might be used to in Werewolf games. It will mimic the format of the television show. You will be required to perform various challenges and some may (or may not) require some outside work.

If you are interested please list yourself below. Right now, we're planning for the game to start March 13th, and will probably last about three weeks.

Survivors, ready, GO!

Current survivors (21/21):
1. Royalflush
2. CapAp
3. Threnody
4. melissa
5. lauramath
6. greek2me
7. janiera
8. Rukasu
9. seanp
10. Beowulf
11. Belash
12. bowman
13. oilslider
14. BagpipeDan
15. jmglidden
16. Dragonbane11
17. runningquick
18. xandryyte
19. Freyja
20. rmunn
21. mbs808
A1. ithicks
A2.
A3.

(If you later decide you do not want to play, please let us know as soon as possible!)

===============================

Rules for Werewolf Survivor Island 2.

About me, the HOST.
1. I will try to be a fair and honest moderator, and do my best. There is only one of me and 21 of you. This is my first WW I've run by myself. Please, I ask your patience.
2. I will try to play the role of Snarky Host during this game. If I insult you or seem like I'm against you or your tribe, I may be doing it character. Please don't take it personally.
3. I will tend to root on the underdog. I may not root for you, and may even root against you. However, in picking sides, I will endeavor not to divulge any secret information.
4. I have a life, too. I will try to let you know when I will be unavailable, and when I will return.

About this game:
1. Survivor is unfair, and Werewolf is unfair. Put the two together, and you have a real potential for an unfair game. I've tried to iron out some of the unfair wrinkles, but some of them are fundamental.
2. You and your tribe will be asked to participate in a series of challenges. If you win these, you'll have a better chance of being the Ultimate Survivor.
2a. You have a life outside of WW. (You do, don't you?) If you are unable to participate due to some personal conflict, please let me know as soon as possible. I might be able to arrange an early or late submission, or rearrange the schedule to accomodate you. I have the schedule planned, but it's not set in stone.
2b. Worst case scenario, of course, is you don't get to participate in a challenge, and another tribe or player will win. That may be a setback, but it shouldn't be a gamebreaker.
3. About "time sensitive challenges". I've tried to make the challenges so that they are not reliant on a particular player having to be online at a particular time. I do expect you to check in occasionally and see what's going on.
4. About "time intensive challenges". I've tried to make the challenges take less work than last time. But some challenges might require you doing extra work. You just won't have to do quite as much (I think).
5. Is it fair if all of the players participate in tribal challenges, even if some of the tribes have fewer players than others? On the show, if one tribe has fewer players, they make some players sit out. I think it might be more fun if all players play. So, I will probably allow all players to play during challenges. This may be a little unfair to a team that has lost a member or two, but this is an unfair game; see rule #1, above. However, I might change this rule, which is unfair to the team with more players; see rule #1.
6. PMs between players is forbidden, unless allowed by a specific role.
7. Survivor is a game in which the rules can change suddenly and dramatically. Any element or rule of the game can change, including victory conditions. The onus is on the player to adapt to those rules changes, whatever they may be.

Tribal rules.
1. There will be one main forum. Participants may post there like a regular game of werewolf.
2. You will be assigned to a tribe, which will get its own forum. You are not allowed to browse or post in the other tribes' forums, even after the tribes are disbanded. After the game is over and a final Survivor is crowned, you may browse all forums.
3. Your tribe will be assigned a "buff" of a particular color. (Red, Green or Blue). This will be your tribe color, and you are expected to "wear your buff" in the main forum. That is, post with your tribe color. This can be abbreviated with a BGG shorthand: the first letter of the color and left-curly YOUR MESSAGE right-curly-bracket firstletter of your color. For example, substituting the first letter of your color for the x: x{Hello world!}x with b's instead of x's makes Hello world!.
4. Some events may require that you use only the main forum, and not your tribal forum. I will post a message in your forum when this happens, and direct you to the main forum. Do not post in your tribal forum until it is reopened.

About my expectations.
1. You can try to work the system and your fellow players. That's how Survivors win, after all.
2. Keep your emotions in check and stay civil. If you start to get mad, please try to stay calm.
3. Please do not edit your posts except for correcting a FORMATTING error. (For example, correcting tribe color or correcting quoting errors.
4. Last game I had a bit of a flap over a off-color comment that was percieved as a racist slur. Please try to be sensitive to that kind of thing.
5. You are expected to follow the "honor system" and not cheat. IE: No peeking at a forum you are not allowed into, no "insider information" on challenges, and that sort of thing. This is just a game and should be fun, therefore, please don't lower yourself to cheating!
6. Do not quote PMs from the Moderator in forum posts. (This includes your introductory message, informing you of your role.)

External help
1. The use of scripts to make forum posts is not allowed. Pretending like you're using a script is allowed.
2. You may use external sources, people, programs, and other information sources to assist you, as long as they do not provide you with insider information that the other players aren't privvy to. For example, if I were to have a trivia challenge, you could consult either Wikipedia or your smarty-pants friend who was on Jeopardy! for the answers. However, bribing a behind-the-scenese helper for information would be breaking the rules.
3. You may not post a request for help in any forums outside of the the main thread or your tribal thread. If you know people personally, you may ask for help from friends directly, but not indirectly through posts on BGG forums or any other forum or chat.

Roles:
1. On Friday, March 10th I will send out roles to players. Rules for roles will be sent out in indivual emails and/or listed on the main forum.
2. Roles may also be awarded in challenges. Roles can have positive or negative effects.
3. Some objects may be acquired during the game, which will grant roles to the person carrying it. Objects may be given to another player. (Just make sure I know about the transfer.) Unless otherwise noted, if someone has an object and is killed, a random person will get the object (in the same tribe, if possible).

Penalties:
1. If you break one of these rules, I have the right to determine a penalty. It may be nothing; it may be devastating!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WW Survivor Island 2: Signup time
Oooh, sounds fun!

(I even had an idea of doing a Survivor WW before finding out there had been a previous one)

Sign me up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
You can all just concede to me right now if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenny Wadkins
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not letting this one slip by me! I am in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been kicking myself for not playing the last game. I'm in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ZOMG ITS
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: WW Survivor Island 2: Reserve your island vacation now..
THis looks fun. I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Meyer
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WW Survivor Island 2: Reserve your island vacation now...
I am scared....but I will try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't call it a comeback...

I'd love to play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Hamilton
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I've been reading through the old thread and was wondering how many of the tasks will be time sensitive? I have time, but only at certain times of the day and do not want my team losing out as a result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in... As long as NONE of the challenges require you to be present like the last time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Litzsinger
United States
Falcon Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play again and would also prefer that challenges be a little less time consuming and restrictive, especially during the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
janiera wrote:
I'm in... As long as NONE of the challenges require you to be present like the last time!

I wouldn't rule anything out at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Yekrats wrote:
janiera wrote:

I wouldn't rule anything out at this point.

Though we will probably shoot for most of the challenges not being dependent on being present at a certain time.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
I shouldn't. I musn't. My wife would kill me. Oh heck, I can't resist. I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
Mmmmm...Survivor. I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe I am doing this, but I want redemption and so does Eggy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Thingamagummy
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Don't make me bust out the drama!!
badge
Panda is a Werewolf. The Village wins!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to watch on the Sidelines. no WAY am I going to subject myself to this again. It will be fun to read

Good luck everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ping! We are still looking for about 8 more Survivors and could use a few alternates. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rasmussen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Kisu~
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks interesting. I'll give it a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Are we there yet?
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm in for it. I'm sure I'll come up with some amusing / annoying posting style before March...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oil Slider
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'll try. What kind of time commitment are we looking at, compared to a normal WW game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Starkey
United States
Dayton
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oilslider wrote:
I'll try. What kind of time commitment are we looking at, compared to a normal WW game?

Good question. It will probably be about the same, I think. The voting sessions (Tribal Councils) will generally happen every 2-3 days or so, however, when there is not a tribal council, there will probably be some sort of activity for the tribe to participate in. Generally, these will probably not take a huge time-commitment on your part, especially as working as part of a team. (At least, that will be the intention of us hosts.) However, these extra events are not absolutely vital to win, but they will increase your odds of winning. They'll generally give you or your tribe extra roles.

You might check out some of the events we had last session to get some idea of what we might do. However, we learned a few things since last time, so I'm hoping the events should have fewer "time-sinks" and more "fun stuff".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rasmussen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Kisu~
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, after looking at the first game, I'm going to have to drop out. My schedule goes totally against this game, and I don't think I'd have the time necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
oilslider wrote:

Imagine real werewolf, but about 40 times worse!

See that last immunity challenge from Season one... Fifteen hours of posting every 30 minutes or less... and yet here I am doing it all again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
That challenge was ridiculous, and I can tell you right now, I can't do that kind of thing. For a million bucks, maybe, but not for tomgeekery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.