Subject: Has Anyone Played the PC Version of this Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joe mcgrath
United States
Warrington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Matrix games has it on sale for under $30 - I was going to buy the boardgame version (I've never played HL - it looks great!), but the PC one is half the cost and more portable.
Any feedback?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Andersch
Germany
Korntal-Münchingen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it myself, but I wanted to buy it, but hesitated as I think it is the PC version of HL (not of HL:CAO).

This review isn't too bad, but not too good either, so finally I decided to stay with the board game...:

http://www.outofeight.info/2007/10/hornet-leader-review.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought about it, due to the Matrix holiday sale, but after looking at the screenshots, puh-leaze.

The game was released in 2007, but those graphics look early 90's. It's like they weren't even trying.

Total Annihilation came out 10 years earlier (1997) and has better graphics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim C.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh_G_Rection wrote:
I thought about it, due to the Matrix holiday sale, but after looking at the screenshots, puh-leaze.

The game was released in 2007, but those graphics look early 90's. It's like they weren't even trying.

Total Annihilation came out 10 years earlier (1997) and has better graphics.

Well what do you expect from a no budget production? I'm sure they aren't expecting to sell more than a few hundred copies. Mobile would be a better choice for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.