Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's my favorite mode, using the Govt + AUC vs FARC + Cartels method with no bots.

I still really enjoy solitaire and four player, but I am very surprised that I am enjoying the two player game so much.

Currently. in the middle of my second game now. The first time was very brutal, as my opponent was able to set up a nice sequence early in the game to pretty much lock down the Government from doing anything effective. I chalk that up to a learning experience for me though. This game is going much differently. You can really work some nice combinations with Eligibility Matrix and the card effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Speaking as said opponent, I agree that the 2 player game is excellent.

Joel was very unlucky in the first game, but this game looks like it's going right down to the wire.

Four player is still my preferred way to play, but the two player experience is certainly holding it's own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you playing via Vassal? If so, how do you rate the functionality of the module?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bkindt wrote:
Are you playing via Vassal? If so, how do you rate the functionality of the module?

Yes. It works fantastic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably prefer the 4-player game as the uncertainty of what another faction may do creates a lot of tension, but the 2-player game is excellent as the synergy created by controlling two factions creates some very interesting play opportunities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does one go about playing on Vassal? I've always been intrigued, but have never taken the time to learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.