Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Chila
Australia
Mulgrave
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can I buy any exapsnion model planes WW1 or WW2 and play with the starter set?

The starter set comes with 4 models that look like they are WW2 models. I prefer WW1 models .. so can I buy WW1 modesl and play against WW2 models?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
no. Different rulesets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically you probably could, since the card mechanics of movement function the same way.

It wouldn't be anything resembling reality-- your SPAD will be just as fast as your P-40... even far beyond the simple abstracts of the actual game. Using the ww2 damage system, your ww1 shooting system will be backwards too (your B planes will shoot better than your A planes).

Very soon there will be starter packs with WW1 planes in them...some with four planes (like you saw with ww2) and some with just two planes. Might be better off to wait and get those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith U.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, this is not going to be a Deluxe Set released for WWI. So no boxes with 4 minis in them.... just the two Dual Packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.