Subject: Building questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donato Mallozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've two questions after a couple of games

1 - Tikal 4 - double building action: when you build the second building may you use a resource you gained from the first one?

2 - Let's say you use the Tikal 2 action to build a building with the building symbol on it that gives you the ability to performe immediatly another Tikal 2 action: what about architecture thecnologies? May you use them in this second action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and Yes. I believe the 2nd question has been answered here previously but I can't seem to find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
manolo mr
Spain
Sevilla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, both answers are yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason for the answer to the second question, is that when you see the 'build a building' symbol on a building, what it means is 'build a building exactly as though you just performed Tikal-2', as per the rulebook. Do techs apply when performing Tikal-2? Of course they do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want a more subtle version of this question, you are taking the double building action. Building one is the corn for action on wheel action. You use that for build a building (let's stick to just the one). Do you build the building from the action from building the first building before you build the original second building? Hence can you use a resource from it?

(This actually came up in my last game. There wasn't any discussion, I finished the first building, including the extra building, before moving on to the second building, with no one querying it. But for those who want every nitpicking issue nailed down, here's one for you. Incidentally it revised my opinion that there are three main points sources - skulls, gods and monuments, other points being incidental, to that there are four main points sources as I actually won - by a country mile - with most of my points coming from buildings but with no monuments.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.