Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was playing the Russians in the Barrikady Gun Factory scenario when my opponent activated a German 7-3-7 Pioneer unit with a FT to Move. Alas, I have no Fire Actions to shoot at him. He moves one hex adjacent to my Bunker, plays an Assault Fire Action-----FLAME! My units in the Bunker are on fire (they break). Next, without moving, he lays down another Assault Fire Action-----FLAME! And this finishes them off. Next, he moves another two hexes, lays down another Assault Fire Action---FLAME! Rinse, lather and repeat. Has this happened to anyone yet? I can see a Hero with multiple Fire orders being just as deadly.

We both looked at each other in amazement because neither of us have EVER used this tactic before until this very moment, in all the scenarios we've played against each other. Have we both just been blind in not realizing a unit with high Movement, a FT, and multiple Assault Fire Actions is just about the worst thing that can happen to your forces when you're sitting there with not a single Fire Action?

Seems to me that a static strategy as a German attacker possessing FT support weapons is to have a hand that consist of: Move x 2, Assault Fire x 4. Play your first Move, activate a few units to suck off the Op Fire, then play a second Move order and burn everyone in your path. Nice....

Edits: Misspelled words corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the odds of drawing a snake eyes and missing the targeting roll or getting a jammed trigger goes up obviously but if you don't miss, yeah, pretty nasty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Closest I've come to this was in the Stalingrad campaign when I had the FT-toter waltz down the trench (no opportunity fire allowed), Assault Fire the flamethrower, then saunter back up the trench line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, extremely nasty situation. I dearly love to command a flamethrower, and assault fire is a terror to the enemy. As it SHOULD be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it also a terror to the user?

Flamethrower man and his immediate friends are not a place to worry about long term disability insurance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.