Popular Tags: [View All]
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I made a post asking peoples' thoughts on bringing back a re-balanced version of Dropp from the old Netrunner. I enjoyed the discussion generated so much I figured I'd ask opinions on reviving other cards. (But if there's a generally negative inclination towards speculative posts like this, I'll stop...)

How do people feel about the agenda Corporate Retreat?
(http://www.netrunneronline.com/cards/corporate-retreat/) It's basically a temporary Magnum Opus for the corp, which disappears as soon as they rez or install. Great for some quick cash to prep for the next agenda.

I feel like it should be a 2 point agenda, but is otherwise perfect for a reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there a single thread for new ideas?

I'm all for discussion, but do we need a new thread for each possible card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like these threads, especially while waiting for something new to talk about (come on, Data Packs!) They could become cumbersome but I think one a day (during a slow day) is fine. But maybe my tolerance for discussion of old cards is higher because I never played the CCG so most of these cards are still "oooh, neat!" to me, haha.

Anyway, card looks cool. I hope they give corps SOME way to make a little more money somehow. My Melange Mining Corps keep getting trashed from my R&D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdanuser wrote:
I like these threads, especially while waiting for something new to talk about (come on, Data Packs!) They could become cumbersome but I think one a day (during a slow day) is fine. But maybe my tolerance for discussion of old cards is higher because I never played the CCG so most of these cards are still "oooh, neat!" to me, haha.

I say start these threads in Variants and go nuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say make it a geek list. Much neater and all in One place
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
I'd say make it a geek list. Much neater and all in One place

This is probably the best way to handle it, both for centralizing discussion and for the sake of people who don't want their subscriptions bothered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dugger

Corvallis
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like Melange is already the replacement, with a better than 2:1 ratio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Melange is so easy to blow up... I'd play a straight reprint of this over PSF in almost any deck.

I think the card would play better as a two-advance, one-point agenda, though.

And I'd welcome Corporate Retreat in ANR. Seems cool.

Wild Speculation: I think we get one more Corp Neutral agenda this cycle, at least, and I think it will have some sort of economic benefit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see an advancable cash asset for the corp. Advance 3 times and get 9 credits or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Musashi Dynamo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice one

I'd like an asset like this, not sure if it's balanced enough

Corporate level insurance
Asset
Rez cost: 1

Whenever the runner successfuly completes a run, put a counter on Corporate Level Insurance.
At the beginning of your turn, you may trash this and receive 1 credit for each counter on it.

Trash cost: 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
Underpowered, would not play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Adecla
United States
New York
flag msg tools
brisingre wrote:
Melange is so easy to blow up... I'd play a straight reprint of this over PSF in almost any deck.

I think the card would play better as a two-advance, one-point agenda, though.

And I'd welcome Corporate Retreat in ANR. Seems cool.

Wild Speculation: I think we get one more Corp Neutral agenda this cycle, at least, and I think it will have some sort of economic benefit.

I LOVE this card, and I think it would be overpowered as a 2-adv, 1 pt. agenda. At 2 and 1, you could play it and score it in one turn. You'd have access to untrashable, near-melange income rates. Finally, once you do install something, you'd not really care about forfeiting for any reason later since it already did it's work and it's only worth one point.

At 4 and 3, you have to work your butt off or find a good opening to install it and play it. You get much closer to the goal of 7 agenda points, but it becomes inert and much more detrimental to a player's game upon forfeiture.

It's good, flavorful, and thoughtful in Weyland. I'd love it as NBN or Jinteki. In HB it's kind of meh since that corp facerolls in money anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tala Mare
msg tools
mb
Dalek5 wrote:
I would like to see an advancable cash asset for the corp. Advance 3 times and get 9 credits or something.

Both the original suggestion and the one in this quote sound like they would be perfect additions to Weyland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.