Subject: Does the 2 Player Version Still Use a Dummy Player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Calabig
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
I really like the theme behind this game but my girlfriend and I do not enjoy having manipulate a dummy player. Is the dummy player difficult to manage when playing with two or is it even required for the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ecalabig wrote:
I really like the theme behind this game but my girlfriend and I do not enjoy having manipulate a dummy player. Is the dummy player difficult to manage when playing with two or is it even required for the expansion?

Yes, it requires dummy players (two of them). It's somewhat of a pain to deal with the dummy, although not a major problem. The 2P rules as written require each player to give the dummy 1 action per round in addition to 2 random ones, which actually increases the decision space for the game. Here's my variant that plays much closer to the "real" 4P game:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10727273#10727273

This uses a d8 and 3 extra pieces per dummy to minimize dealing with them but still have a 4P game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.