Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
United States
Triangle Area
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought Fate of the Forge Star. I have never played a miniature game before so Warpath will be my first. I picked it over warhammer 40K because of the price and it did not seem as overwhelming. I have the 2.0 rules and army lists and I am about to start putting the minis together and have some questions.

I am going to use the 16 steel warriors (8 sprue with 2 figures) to make three steel warrior teams. So here are my questions. I figured out what the hailstorm pistol is on the sprue that I need for the leader. But my question is do I need to decide if I want to use the heat hammer now. Should I make all three leaders with the hammer? Or just one or two. I am confused if the miniature need to have the hammer if you want to spend the 30 extra points for it.

Also I don’t see anting on the sprue that could be used for the dragon breath. Is there a weapon that you have to build the figure with if you want to spend the extra 25 points? Same question for the mjolnir missile launcher with a section.

I will probably have similer questions for the marauders and will post them under there sections. Thank you for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Populi
msg tools
mb
Generally speaking, actually having the weapon (or equipment, etc.) on the model itself is the practice in all miniature wargames (WYSIWYG), but there is no reason you can't simply proxy/pretend. Another option is to magnetize your models, but this takes some skill and effort. I generally make modelling options first (what looks good), then I simply pretend if necessary. It all depends on the group you play with. Some gamers are really anal about that and will insist that they should be able to visually confirm everything.

Just so you know: whatever is included in the unit's description (i.e. under the "Unit:..." entry is what is already included in the points cost. Anything you add is extra, as indicated.

Hope that answers your question...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.